Xerox Versant 3100 trim buffer performance

SoggyWinter

I just ordered a Versant 3100 to replace my C75. The 3100 is shipping with the Production Booklet Maker/ Finisher, but I did not order the side trimmer/buffer initially as a cost saving effort. What kind of a performance hit should I expect with booklet making without the buffer? thanks.

Last edited:
I just ordered a Versant 3100 to replace my C75. The 3100 is shipping with the Production Booklet Maker/ Finisher, but I did not order the side trimmer/buffer initially as a cost saving effort. What kind of a performance hit should I expect with booklet making without the buffer? thanks.

My guess is somewhere around 16-18 sheets/minute depending on what size booklet you are making. Smaller booklets would be less sheets/min. We have the trimmer with the buffer unit and can run @ 23-24 sheets/min depending on the same criteria.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back