Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shawnd View Post
    My thing on the humidity is it only does it on the one machine, both are in the same room. If that was the issue you think I would be able to replicate it.

Refresh me on the transfer rollers, I just replaced the paper transfer unit yesterday and didn't see a change and I do not see transfer rollers listed under the counters.
    Yeah I get that the other machine works but I would look anyway. The tech would need to replace the transfer rollers. There are the five that transfer the image from the drums to the image transfer belt and the bias roller that pushes the image from the belt tp to the paper. The counts for those are not in the user side they are only shown under the service mode. The image transfer ones are due at 1.8 million the bias one is 1.2 million and the belt is 1.7 million. Also all part ratings are based on letter size but your billing meter is only counting one for any size up to 13x19. If you look under system settings / admin / display print count you can figure out how many letter size pages you have done.
    Warning I am a Ricoh tech.

Comment

Gotcha, I will check with him to see. I know he has done quite a bit of replacing things on both, a couple months back he replaced the transfer belt on both machines and redid the developer and some other things.
      (2) Ricoh Pro 7110SX digital printers
      OKI C931e with Straight Shooter Envelope feeder

Comment

For me I see the mottling get worse when I am half folding 11x17 newsletters, I have a standard finisher so the machine runs slower than molasses because it is half folding on the booklet tray, I have often wondered if the cooling down and warming up would affect it.

Comment

For me I see the mottling get worse when I am half folding 11x17 newsletters, I have a standard finisher so the machine runs slower than molasses because it is half folding on the booklet tray, I have often wondered if the cooling down and warming up would affect it.
          Not saying to not do it but yes I think all that idling kills the machine! FYI there is a multi fold unit that can go on there. http://www.ricohbusinessbooster.com/...-folding-unit/ With the multifold unit it doesn't slow down like the finisher does.

Comment

I use a plockmatic booklet maker so there is no slowdown and idling when running booklets. My Ricoh tech replaced the 4 PCUs today. Looked at the image transfer belt and said it did not appear to have any cracking or signs that it could be malfunctioning. Strangely enough, running a large color map on 15mil synthetic polyvinyl produced no mottling. But boy does the 7100 not like duplexing the synthetic media.

Comment

radji Did you ever track down the solution to your mottling problem? Still dealing with it especially on 70# text, tried the whole gamut of current settings and fuser temps and textured paper on and off on my one machine. The other prints it fine, the tech will come in and play with it and get it close but after a week it will go right back to mottling bad. Driving me nuts.

Comment

Shawnd I found some of the density issues are solved by running the Execute Process Initial setting, Execute Developer Refresh, and Execute DEMS. That definitely helped with the spottiness and color variations that rear their ugly head in the middle of a run. I also had to play with the transfer current settings. For this DTS 130# cover, it was very particular about the current and textured voltage settings. Luckily the textured mode voltage settings for this paper from the master catalog are dialed in close enough to where I did not have to mess with them. Not to say that should occur for a 70# text. I run that all the time (Kelly 70#T Coated Gloss) and haven't seen any mottling.
                Last edited by radji; 11-24-2018, 01:14 AM.

Comment

I am running Finch 94 digital smooth text 70#, no gloss. Actually today it was weird, I was having issues again and decided to create a new paper in the catalog for kicks and giggles and using the media reader this time it gave me different values for the same paper, the mottling reduced greatly using the new paper setup. I have tried this in the past and it had not worked, will see how long this works as I think my paper settings I was using must have gotten corrupted by the tech trying so many different settings to get it to work.

Comment

I think the Tech has locked me out of Developer Refresh, I had tried that and every time it Fails, I used to be able to run it but he said it was messing up the machine. I am always doing DEMS and EPI.

Comment

I think the Tech has locked me out of Developer Refresh, I had tried that and every time it Fails, I used to be able to run it but he said it was messing up the machine. I am always doing DEMS and EPI.
                      I don't think you can be locked out of specific things it is just you can access skilled operators or not. When I couldn't run developer refresh it was because of a toner near end or waste toner bottle.near full.

Comment

Originally posted by msaeger View Post
                        When I couldn't run developer refresh it was because of a toner near end or waste toner bottle.near full.
                        This is one to keep in the ol memory bank, I had the replace soon msg and that was tripping it out, once I swapped out a new waste toner bottle it is letting me run it.

Comment

I am running Finch 94 digital smooth text 70#, no gloss. Actually today it was weird, I was having issues again and decided to create a new paper in the catalog for kicks and giggles and using the media reader this time it gave me different values for the same paper, the mottling reduced greatly using the new paper setup. I have tried this in the past and it had not worked, will see how long this works as I think my paper settings I was using must have gotten corrupted by the tech trying so many different settings to get it to work.
                          Hate to say it, but maybe your tech messed up the settings which caused the original error. Strange because Ricoh production techs (or mine at least) know to not radically change paper catalog settings since it usually hurts more than it helps.

Comment

I have two 7110's, the first one that got installed has been a problem child since day 1, always giving us weird issues like this. Our paper catalog is pretty simple since we run the same papers for everything, but for some reason it does not like 70# text, the second one will run it fine with the same settings. It is like the paper settings get corrupted over time and it reverts back to horrible print quality after a couple weeks, haven't really been able to pinpoint what causes it as the tech has changed out pretty much everything. I might just have to get used to doing a new paper profile once it starts messing up again, it fixed it this time.

Comment

Do you move jobs from one Fiery to the other? I have seen that mess with the paper catalog

Comment

This is what I am encountering on 70# text that the tech will get to go away for a week or two then it will come back:

We only move a job when we encounter this, but it will print fine on the other 7110 on 70# text, I have checked all the advanced settings for the paper are the same on the two machines, but one will print it fine, got both me and the tech baffled.

Here is another twist, I ended up finishing the job on 80# Gloss text, it looked alot better and the solids while not perfect was passable on the same printer that gave me issues with 70# text.

Creating a new paper profile did not work for this job.

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
                                4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
                                CanonDuploStandard FinishingSmartsoft (Presswise)KBA

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4593 users online. 116 members and 4477 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                                X