Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shawnd View Post
    My thing on the humidity is it only does it on the one machine, both are in the same room. If that was the issue you think I would be able to replicate it.

Refresh me on the transfer rollers, I just replaced the paper transfer unit yesterday and didn't see a change and I do not see transfer rollers listed under the counters.
    Yeah I get that the other machine works but I would look anyway. The tech would need to replace the transfer rollers. There are the five that transfer the image from the drums to the image transfer belt and the bias roller that pushes the image from the belt tp to the paper. The counts for those are not in the user side they are only shown under the service mode. The image transfer ones are due at 1.8 million the bias one is 1.2 million and the belt is 1.7 million. Also all part ratings are based on letter size but your billing meter is only counting one for any size up to 13x19. If you look under system settings / admin / display print count you can figure out how many letter size pages you have done.
    Warning I am a Ricoh tech.

Comment

Gotcha, I will check with him to see. I know he has done quite a bit of replacing things on both, a couple months back he replaced the transfer belt on both machines and redid the developer and some other things.
      (2) Ricoh Pro 7110SX digital printers
      OKI C931e with Straight Shooter Envelope feeder

Comment

For me I see the mottling get worse when I am half folding 11x17 newsletters, I have a standard finisher so the machine runs slower than molasses because it is half folding on the booklet tray, I have often wondered if the cooling down and warming up would affect it.
        (2) Ricoh Pro 7110SX digital printers
        OKI C931e with Straight Shooter Envelope feeder

Comment

For me I see the mottling get worse when I am half folding 11x17 newsletters, I have a standard finisher so the machine runs slower than molasses because it is half folding on the booklet tray, I have often wondered if the cooling down and warming up would affect it.
          Not saying to not do it but yes I think all that idling kills the machine! FYI there is a multi fold unit that can go on there. http://www.ricohbusinessbooster.com/...-folding-unit/ With the multifold unit it doesn't slow down like the finisher does.
          Warning I am a Ricoh tech.

Comment

I use a plockmatic booklet maker so there is no slowdown and idling when running booklets. My Ricoh tech replaced the 4 PCUs today. Looked at the image transfer belt and said it did not appear to have any cracking or signs that it could be malfunctioning. Strangely enough, running a large color map on 15mil synthetic polyvinyl produced no mottling. But boy does the 7100 not like duplexing the synthetic media.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
            CanonAleyantDuploStandard Finishing

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4952 users online. 83 members and 4869 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
            X