Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shawnd View Post
    This is what I am encountering on 70# text that the tech will get to go away for a week or two then it will come back:

We only move a job when we encounter this, but it will print fine on the other 7110 on 70# text, I have checked all the advanced settings for the paper are the same on the two machines, but one will print it fine, got both me and the tech baffled.

Here is another twist, I ended up finishing the job on 80# Gloss text, it looked alot better and the solids while not perfect was passable on the same printer that gave me issues with 70# text.

Creating a new paper profile did not work for this job.
    That looks pretty gross, but I have noticed in not smooth stock like this, that the paper itself can vary...or even one side or the other will be smoother. Example, we recently had a long run of books that were entirely color, but printed on just plain 60# stock...you could see some pages look better than others. I think a lot of that is the nature of the stock...maybe you can try a smoother sheet?

In the Xerox world I can adjust transfer settings to usually improve this, I am assuming you can do something like that in Ricoh? As the seasons change I noticed the transfer settings will not always work the same way either...if the climate varies in your shop that could be part of the problem as well.

Comment

Have your tech check the charge roller(s). I had the similar issue and that was part of the problem. I also had to up the transfer bias since I was running a very heavy paper. But I don't suspect that same issue for your machine.

http://support.ricoh.com/bb_v1oi/pub...e/int/0039.htm

Comment

I have switched to Husky 70# text which is running better but I still have enough mottling it warrants a call to the tech, paper prints fine as well on my other machine. Some of the charge rollers are in the 80% range so I will have them swapped out.
        (2) Ricoh Pro 7110SX digital printers
        OKI C931e with Straight Shooter Envelope feeder

Comment

Unconfigured Static HTML Module

Collapse

Static HTML Module Content
        4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
        CanonDuploStandard FinishingSmartsoft (Presswise)KBA

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4519 users online. 106 members and 4413 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
        X