Ricoh C7100 density/saturation issues

That it. So I didn't have problems running this on either the 7110 or the 651 however another operator running a 651 said he didn't like it but I think that was more due to the state of his machine than due to the paper. Again, it's not a high grade paper but as stated above, it trumps Husky Offset.

I run a cornucopia of paper thru my 7100. Kelly brand plain (bottom of the barrel) for generic letters and the like.
Newsletters and other assorted booklets, I just switched from Kelly 70# gloss to 80# gloss.
Higher end stuff I will run on either Hammermill 32# plain or Verso Blazer digital coated...cheaper than their Futura lineup.
The heaviest I have ran is the digimag magnetic paper or the Kelly Synapse 15 mil synthetic, although the 15 mil synthetic is starting to ghost real bad.

Ricoh prides themselves on extensive R&D in paper libraries. I'd hold them to that. Did you try flipping the sheet? Obvious I realize but something we forgot that can sometimes be an easy fix.

This is what I am encountering on 70# text that the tech will get to go away for a week or two then it will come back:

fetch

We only move a job when we encounter this, but it will print fine on the other 7110 on 70# text, I have checked all the advanced settings for the paper are the same on the two machines, but one will print it fine, got both me and the tech baffled.

Here is another twist, I ended up finishing the job on 80# Gloss text, it looked alot better and the solids while not perfect was passable on the same printer that gave me issues with 70# text.

Creating a new paper profile did not work for this job.

Wow, This looks exactly like the problem we are having on our 7110x, but our problem is only on Cyan or maybe worst on cyan. all the color runs perfect on coated stock.

Please give a update if the navigator paper works better or not. thank you.

Ricoh prides themselves on extensive R&D in paper libraries. I'd hold them to that. Did you try flipping the sheet? Obvious I realize but something we forgot that can sometimes be an easy fix.

So this is very true, they have an extensive facility back East that is set up with perfect climate control including the paper they are testing. However, most shops are not setup for strict climate control and because paper either sits for long periods of time under many environmental conditions or shipped the morning it needs to print, the Factory paper catalog is good to have but does not effectively work for most papers listed. In fact some where they, for the 901 for instance, have a rating system and will give a grade. The A's sometimes do not work at all. So I say this because yes, sometimes you can just pull one of the entries over but it does not mean it will work. I have found myself doing A Lot of custom paper cat entries for this reason. Without it though yes that would not be good and also some do work but I find more than often they are not the best setting for the respective media. It's actually quite frustrating sometimes.

Just had to comment on that because with the 901 especiall,y the Factory Paper cat let me done more than it helped. The 651 and 7110 a little better but more of a get you in the ballpark then manual tweeking follows.

I want to see if anyone can help out with this fading black that has all of a sudden come into out c7100. I just fired up this morning and ran a load of black only prints to find they looked awful and faded. Went back to the test sheets and this is what's coming out.

Also, I tried to execute the DEMS and initial settings, but both processes failed. I do not know of a reason why either of these processes would fail, so any insight on this too would be helpful.

I have increased the image density to no change. I've switched to grayscale only to no change. I've played with the currents some, but feel like it must be something else. Nothing in my environment has changed either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have attached a picture of the today print next to a true black run before.

Attachments

• IMG_5757.jpg
    IMG_5757.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 17

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back