Ricoh 9100 Cable Connection Problems

tpmar

Running a Ricoh ProC9100 and I've been down for a day and a half with the errror "Check Printer Cable Connections". So of course we checked all cables, actually replaced the cables, tried keeping the press synced with the Fiery and also trying them un-synced. Ricoh had us swap the 2 1 terabyte hard drives, so then we had to reload everything from scratch. This morning we replaced the board the cables plug into and still have the issue. My tech is running out of ideas. Hoping someone else here may have run into this issue and could help. There is communication between the Fiery and press, when I try to print a job is shows up on the press screen, the blue light on the press never comes on and it doesn't print. The press can print because we were able to print the counter sheet. Thanks.

My tech just stopped in to fix some issues on my machine and I ran this by him, he has seen it before on a 9100 but it gets fixed after resetting the machine and the fiery. He says you will see the job pop up on the fiery screen on the 9100 but it wont run the job and when they shut everything down and bring it back up it works again.

My tech just stopped in to fix some issues on my machine and I ran this by him, he has seen it before on a 9100 but it gets fixed after resetting the machine and the fiery. He says you will see the job pop up on the fiery screen on the 9100 but it wont run the job and when they shut everything down and bring it back up it works again.

Thanks shawn, I appreciate it. We have done that but no luck.

Not on a 9100, but, I have had to go and unplug the printer not just a shut down to get it to reset with the fiery.

I had the same issue when our I.T. guy tinkered with some server settings and somewhere along the way the press and the Fiery stopped chatting (exact same message tho) He had to go back in to the Fiery and re-point to the Ricoh somehow....sorry I don't Speak I.T. Speech so I am not quite sure what he did. Are the IP numbers correct. I'm sure your tech has checked that already

It was in the IPv4 Settings.... had something to do with the Subnet, And DNS settings being all Kerfuffled!

It was in the IPv4 Settings.... had something to do with the Subnet, And DNS settings being all Kerfuffled!

Thanks Manafaith; that's something we haven't looked into yet. Currently going to replace each of the 1 terabyte hard drives and reload all of the disks, AGAIN!

Still down, been down since about 2:00 Wednesday. Put new hard drives in Friday afternoon and reloaded everything from the 4 disks again, didn't help. Getting new cables and motherboard on Monday. Lots and Lots of overtime in my near future!!! I'll post whenever this gets fixed what the solution was.

Hate to mention this, this late but, you are trying to send different files not just the same file over and over? i.e. its file related.

Hate to mention this, this late but, you are trying to send different files not just the same file over and over? i.e. its file related.

That's a very good thought, and yes, we did try multiple files and some stuff I had archived that we knew printed in the past. But that would be an easy thing to overlook, so thank you.

OK, got it fixed yesterday and I've been digging out ever since. Had to replace the 2 black communication cables (which we already did once) and also the circuit board that the cables plug into at the Fiery. Really a fairly simple fix, just took a long time to figure it out.

OK, got it fixed yesterday and I've been digging out ever since. Had to replace the 2 black communication cables (which we already did once) and also the circuit board that the cables plug into at the Fiery. Really a fairly simple fix, just took a long time to figure it out.

The first board we replaced that the cables plug into is the one at the back of the press. So now I've got 2 new boards and new cables. Glad to be running again!

Man, that was painful. Glad to hear you found the issue. On the 7110 it is connected via USB so hopefully that would be an easier swap out.

Man, that was painful. Glad to hear you found the issue. On the 7110 it is connected via USB so hopefully that would be an easier swap out.

Thanks Shawn; actually one of the Ricoh "experts" said they were HDMI cables. My boss had 2 at his house that would be long enough and then of course we realized they are not HDMI. Hopefully this post will come in handy in case anyone else runs into something like this.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back