New Press Install - Fuji Xerox Iridesse

joshlindsay

Something exciting is happening over here early next week.

Unpacking started Friday afternoon and 2 or 3 techs will be here Monday morning to get underway.

Attachments

• photo7463.jpg
    photo7463.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 457
  • photo7466.jpg
    photo7466.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 565
Good luck, upgrading our 1000 to a 1000i on Monday. I can't say enough good about this box!

Good luck, upgrading our 1000 to a 1000i on Monday. I can't say enough good about this box!

Do you have a need for the gold and silver? We just went from a 1000i to a V3100. Image quality is much better. Also, our 1000i was at about 5 million clicks and starting to give us some major headaches and frustrate the techs. V3100 has about 500k on it right now and has been pretty good except for the trimmer module needing replaced.

Do you have a need for the gold and silver? We just went from a 1000i to a V3100. Image quality is much better. Also, our 1000i was at about 5 million clicks and starting to give us some major headaches and frustrate the techs. V3100 has about 500k on it right now and has been pretty good except for the trimmer module needing replaced.

That's what drove us to the Iridesse. I see it as a hybrid between the two machines. V3100 registration let us down all the time and 1000i quality wasn't as good so clients wouldn't go back to 1000i if 3100 was down.

Interesting you mention the timmer. We asked how they sharpen the knifes as we started getting chipping on edge of booklets. Tech had no idea so they replaced it. Nuts haha!

That's what drove us to the Iridesse. I see it as a hybrid between the two machines. V3100 registration let us down all the time and 1000i quality wasn't as good so clients wouldn't go back to 1000i if 3100 was down.

Interesting you mention the timmer. We asked how they sharpen the knifes as we started getting chipping on edge of booklets. Tech had no idea so they replaced it. Nuts haha!

Our registration with the full width array has been pretty good and it holds it well. When I was at NYC looking at the 3100 they told me they treated the blades as a consumable.

That's funny, ours is at 6 million and we just had some major registration issues. Found our it was the pre-registration motor not lifting the drive rollers up.

We run a lot of gold, silver and clear now. We had the 1000 converted to an i a few years ago. It just made sense to trade it in with a greatly reduced click rate that is locked in for the term.

So having never demo'd one or seen one run at all, how well do these machine work as far as when using the metallic colorants. I am very interested in how well these printers print on textured as well if if someone has or had a 7110 and one of these printers can you speak to which one seems to print better on textured media.

Appreciate it and congrats on the new printer!

Very nice! We`re looking forward to the lanuch of Iridesse in Germany in May. Does your machine already supports white toner and the banner printing?

@joshlindsay
How did your installation of the Iridesse go and how is it running? We are about to sign for one, do you have any pros or cons compared to any other xerox machines.

We've had our Iridesse for a couple of weeks. Pretty impressed so far. We replaced a 1000. We also have a 1000i and an IGen 4.

Had our rep come by a few times showing off prints from this machine. It all looked great but not sure with our client base where we would use the extra colours. I do love it though and the nerd in me wants that to see what neat stuff we could spit out.

It is a shame though that this machine is not rated for printing envelopes, it is something we do now and then and it is fantastic on our 2100. Would not want to lose that ability.

So having never demo'd one or seen one run at all, how well do these machine work as far as when using the metallic colorants. I am very interested in how well these printers print on textured as well if if someone has or had a 7110 and one of these printers can you speak to which one seems to print better on textured media.

Appreciate it and congrats on the new printer!

Iredesse prints poorly on textured stock, in fact it struggles on any stock that isn’t a super smooth coating.
Registration is a concern & forget running a job back through to spot gloss special areas due to this issue.
It has its place in the market but a lot of areas that leave you wondering.
This is the technology taking over short run offset yet fails to do what’s considered a basic requirement on offset. Then again perhaps most digital copiers are the same.

Iredesse prints poorly on textured stock, in fact it struggles on any stock that isn’t a super smooth coating.
Registration is a concern & forget running a job back through to spot gloss special areas due to this issue.
This is the technology taking over short run offset yet fails to do what’s considered a basic requirement on offset. Then again perhaps most digital copiers are the same.

That was my fear. It looks too much like the 1000 engine, which doesn't do well with textures. On the Ricoh I can run on Classic Columns and heavy felt with no problems.

That is absolutely NOT true. I have an Iridesse. Its prints fine on linens. Registration is also fine. Do you even have one? I love this press.

I would class linen as a very light texture, Xerox have always managed linen but proper heavy textures have always been a disaster for xerox.

i did have a tech tell me before of a method printing clear down first and then cymk over it that used to improve results but I've never seen it done. Maybe others on here have tried it, clear to fill in the gaps of the texture.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back