New Press Install - Fuji Xerox Iridesse

That is absolutely NOT true. I have an Iridesse. Its prints fine on linens. Registration is also fine. Do you even have one? I love this press.

Print some heavy solids on linen or embossed stock then print the same on a sheet fed machine. U then tell me which one looks better. Don’t say it’s commercially acceptable so good enough. Iredesse allows for 1 mm back up tolerance and greater then that on long sheet. Many a times they struggled keeping it anywhere near those tolerances. How do you run something back through to spot gloss if it can move a total of 1 mm? Hope you like drop shadows lol.
How do you like printing long sheet gloss with no air feed system? Doubles anyone?

Print some heavy solids on linen or embossed stock then print the same on a sheet fed machine. U then tell me which one looks better. Don’t say it’s commercially acceptable so good enough. Iredesse allows for 1 mm back up tolerance and greater then that on long sheet. Many a times they struggled keeping it anywhere near those tolerances. How do you run something back through to spot gloss if it can move a total of 1 mm? Hope you like drop shadows lol.
How do you like printing long sheet gloss with no air feed system? Doubles anyone?

Your posts are completely off base and are not appreciated. Are you trolling?

Your posts are completely off base and are not appreciated. Are you trolling?

I’m sorry, I should have said in my opinion from running both offset and iredesse these are my findings. When Im promised an outcome quicker and better then offset with perfect registration then I need to call a spade a spade. Not gloss things over. Please post up the Specs to show registration allowance if I’ve miss stated it. I never stated issues in other areas simply my findings on embossed stocks when the question was asked and my findings on registration.

I’m sorry, I should have said in my opinion from running both offset and iredesse these are my findings. When Im promised an outcome quicker and better then offset with perfect registration then I need to call a spade a spade. Not gloss things over. Please post up the Specs to show registration allowance if I’ve miss stated it. I never stated issues in other areas simply my findings on embossed stocks when the question was asked and my findings on registration.

I would only promise to read the customer expectation document and visit people who have one if I were shopping for a press. Tell you what, I didn't try long sheet yet I'm having it installed within two weeks. I will share my results with you. Can I ask, what stock you say prints poorly, I'd like to try those as well.

I'd love one, I almost feel you'd need a creativity team just to make best use of it. Either way it's something I can only dream of unless 2019 has some serious surprises in stall for our company.......fingers crossed!

I had one of techs in the other day, great guy, really honest when it comes to Xerox, I always respect him. Was saying how Xerox really
f$£ked up with one or two issues with the Versant 80 we have (second btr being one of them which he was out to replace.....again).
Starting telling me about the first few installs of Iridesse in Ireland recently. Said they did have a few minor software issues at first but the machine itself he said is brilliant, a really good design. Suppose time will tell.

I think the real problem with these machines is that they cost more than a quality used press, but run 1/5th the speed and require lots of fiddling with them to get the best quality. This means that you need clients willing to pay more for specialty work. If your just planning to us it for short run jobs, you are probably going to be disappointed. Maybe having an operator that hasn't ever run an offset press would be best, so they wouldn't have anything to compare it to.

I think the real problem with these machines is that they cost more than a quality used press, but run 1/5th the speed and require lots of fiddling with them to get the best quality. This means that you need clients willing to pay more for specialty work. If your just planning to us it for short run jobs, you are probably going to be disappointed. Maybe having an operator that hasn't ever run an offset press would be best, so they wouldn't have anything to compare it to.

True. I was told pre training to take my offset head off and put a digital frame of mind relating to what normally wouldn’t be excepted on offset is let go on digital. That was interesting to hear especially when they had been talking up how good it was compared to offset.
Dont get me wrong, these machines certainly have their place in the market place but as to their take over of the small to mid size sheedfed offset market I struggle to understand why technology that is supposed to be better is still playing catch up to offset in terms of quality, fit rego etc.

True. I was told pre training to take my offset head off and put a digital frame of mind relating to what normally wouldn’t be excepted on offset is let go on digital. That was interesting to hear especially when they had been talking up how good it was compared to offset.
Dont get me wrong, these machines certainly have their place in the market place but as to their take over of the small to mid size sheedfed offset market I struggle to understand why technology that is supposed to be better is still playing catch up to offset in terms of quality, fit rego etc.

Maybe your thinking final output and not what is needed to achieve that final output in regards to digital frame of mind verses offset.

Maybe your thinking final output and not what is needed to achieve that final output in regards to digital frame of mind verses offset.

No their exact words in relation to the above was, the hardest part for an offset printer moving onto digital is getting an understanding of what quality levels are allowed and printed on digital compared to what normally would be flagged and not printed until rectified on offset.
Those questing if I was a troll have you asked xerox about their 20 sheets at a time long sheet video and in some cases individually loaded 1 at a time? How’s productivity on 1000+ long sheet jobs?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back