Pricing short run booklets....

kdw75

I try to price things according to our costs, but after doing so, I usually check out 3 or 4 online retail printers, just to see how we compare.

Recently it seems that the prices for booklets from my go to on-line sites has been dropping. Just in the past year or two it seemed like you could make some decent money on short run booklets, 500 or 1,000, but now it seems like they have dropped them down to the point where there isn't much fluff left in them. We can match their price if we don't charge anything for for trimming the books down.

Our only other advantage is that we have them in 1-2 days where the online places take 5-7 days generally.

Turnaround time is what has kept me in business all these years. Sure, the online guys are cheap but unless you can wait... If you can't, you're going to pay out the nose for overnight shipping of anything to anywhere, sometimes more than the job itself. Even if I have to order paper, I can get most jobs done faster than ordering online. We live in a rushed, last-minute, disposable world which is what I think has been driving the growth of electrophotographic printing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back