Looking to replace our C7200 with an imagerunner C750. Anybody have any input?

TwitchOSX

I work for a small print shop and we are looking to replace the C7200 and our older B&W 7095 with a C750. My boss wanted to get some input on the C750. Anybody have any experience with it? Pros? Cons? They are saying it will be around $38,000. Does that seem about right? They are offering 4.5 on color and .00675 on b&w. Sound about right? Thanks for any info you guys can provide.

We'll be getting ours on Tuesday so I'll let you know, the price sounds about right depending on your options and your b&w click is better than we got over here in the UK which is £0.009($0.013) while the colour is about the same if i assume you mean't $0.043? over here colour is £0.03($0.043), maybe I should have words with Canon UK...

How much B&W work do you do? Konica actually offered us the same colour click price but their b&w was 1/3 of the price of Canons which was £0.003($0.0043)

Well we are up and running with the C750 and I've printed 10k impressions this week and I have to say it's been pretty smooth so far if a little slower than expected as the printer pauses every 10 duplex SRA3 sheets to 'adjust graduations' for about 5-10 seconds. We have another training day tomorrow so hopefully we can find a way to make it do that less.

The first job we did the customer was so impressed we got some more work off of them so hopefully that trend will continue

Well we are up and running with the C750 and I've printed 10k impressions this week and I have to say it's been pretty smooth so far if a little slower than expected as the printer pauses every 10 duplex SRA3 sheets to 'adjust graduations' for about 5-10 seconds. We have another training day tomorrow so hopefully we can find a way to make it do that less.

The first job we did the customer was so impressed we got some more work off of them so hopefully that trend will continue

I asked the question to our Canon production rep about the "rated" speed of 75ppm and the "slow downs" and "pauses" while printing. The answer was quite simple...The C750/C850 actually run faster than 75/85 ppm to account for the pauses during printing. For example, the C850 runs at around 90ppm, so, over a ten minute period running 8.5x11 single sided the machine should yield 850 pages. I hope this helps. What controller are you using on it?

We have an external Fiery RIP but the RIP isn't the problem it's more than printer but we had another training day today I missed the first day of training due to illness, but the trainer showed me how to do shading & graduation calibration which the more you do the less the printer will auto adjust during print.

Another cool thing he showed me is how to print and scan a registration sheets which you can store for different weights/media once done the registration was perfect

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back