K M C8000 replacement

cfm operator

I am Looking for input on a replacement for a KM C8000. Always had terrible sheet to sheet registration.
Considering Xerox 1000 or 3100 , Ricoh 9100 because of the paper stops do they work well in practice?
Also considering offline booklet-maker thinking it will outlast the digital press.

We went from a C8000 (that we returned to KM due to the horrible registration, and it's inability to hold color) and went to a Xerox 1000 and never looked back.
We've been extremely happy with the 1000 - We had two of them at one point and they were workhorses for us. We've since replaced one with an iGen 5 and I prefer the 1000 over the iGen for overall uptime.

We replaced our C7000 and C8000 with a Ricoh 9100. In my opinion both Ricoh and Xerox destroyed KM when I went and demo'd all of them. the 9100 is a dream machine and it has been a great machine for us so far. Have had Since last July
and it is a beast. Fast, great registration and very little down time

I wouldn't recommend the 3100 if the registration is anything like the 2100. We have two and both have huge registration problems both front to back and sheet to sheet. On top of the overall bad registration there is a cis sensor that reads the edge of the sheet for registration that will randomly turn off with no error code, and no log even for service. When that happens you can get 1/4 inch sheet to sheet shift. We went back to Ricoh and registration is perfect. If a konica 8000 will run your volume a ricoh 7110 will easily. We do 350,000 almost all 13x19 heavyweight on ours with almost no downtime and very little service. The 2100's get service almost daily. I have no experience other than a demo on the xerox 1000. Ther service costs and the gloss toner pushed us away.

We also moved to offline booklet making. We used to have a plockmatic on an old press. Now we have a duplo offline. There's benefits to both. It really depends on the application.

I am Looking for input on a replacement for a KM C8000. Always had terrible sheet to sheet registration.
Considering Xerox 1000 or 3100 , Ricoh 9100 because of the paper stops do they work well in practice?
Also considering offline booklet-maker thinking it will outlast the digital press.

Those inline booklet makers many times are not going to be compatible with your next machine so if you want something that will outlast the printer you have to get offline.

Hi CMF...the C8000's really did struggle with the registration and consistent color. However, it's replacement...the C1085 and C1100 fixed both of those issues and run even higher gsm without slowing down. I had many customers upgrade and they are very happy now. We have since moved on to another generation called the C6085 and C6100 which have been a great success for us. I'm out of California, but I would recommend checking out the new units with your local KM branch before jumping ship.

Last edited:
Check out the new KM 6085/6100 - it has a separate module that scans both sides of sheet for perfect front to back registration and an automated color control - no more printing and scanning sheets manually. It also duplexes heavier than 350gsm. I've run 3 live jobs on their demo machine locally and was impressed at front to back register. We have the 1085 and its very good but the C6085 was dead on.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back