Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post

Actually we do a lot of reprints and I can grab things from 3 years ago with the J75 and they look exactly the same or at least visually very close. Good to know that Xerox kept it up for the V180!
    I have heard good things about the J75, it was just not our experience. I really think we had a lemon and Xerox eventually after fighting for a year and unable to fix the issues gave us full credit for it as well as a hefty discount on the V2100.

If I did a proof 9 am and it was approved at 10:30 am I would fight to get it to match again, colour was all over the place, calibrated or not.

Comment

Final call for any negatives on this press! We're looking at the performance package as we run a lot of tight deadline jobs on 100# cover gloss, along with the 2-knife trimmer and the square-fold + face trimmer. Any input is truly appreciated.

Comment

Does anyone have experience with the SIQA on this machine? I never got the SIQA on the J75 to run correctly, so I had always resorted to manually adjusting the registration and skew. How does it handle 13 x 19" sheets with the SIQA?

Comment

I do! Just like your J75, I couldn't use SIQA on 13 x 19 on my old C75. Got so good at it that I didn't bother to use SIQA on any of the sizes. I always adjusted registration manually. On this machine I have (V180P), SIQA works beautifully on all media. I have not timed myself but I think it takes less than three minutes. You print a sheet, scan it four times and done.

As for any negatives, I finally have one. Yesterday it went down due to waste toner backing up and murdering the gears on the waste toner drive motor. Funny thing is, my C75 did the same exact thing, at the same time - a few months after install. I got this V180P on January 10 and it now has 174,000 impressions. I guess that's not bad for the first service call. The only other negative is the external RIP. Not because of features. I actually love it and don't know how I got by all these years with an embedded RIP. My complaint is that it's over-priced. But that's really hard to say considering EFI has no real competition.

I wanted the performance package for the exact same reason you do, tight deadlines and heavy card stock. Don't really care about anything else on the press, I wanted that speed on card stock. Seriously, my expectations were exceeded in that regard. Probably over 75% of what I print is card stock - business cards, rack cards, post cards, and invitations. Man, I'm gonna sound like I am drowning in Xerox kool-aid but this machine has brought the joy back into printing for me. Lol!

Comment

An update:

We received the V180P on Monday - this thing is an absolute beast. Registration and image quality are ridiculously good. No fusses for running envelopes, synthetic or 300+ gsm paper. Super pleased so far. Got the Windows 10 RIP and also am able to score up to 5 times on a sheet and output it flat. VERY impressed.

Edit: The only thing that irks me is that the RIP is running a 4th gen Intel i5 and a HDD. EFI get your shit together and get us the 8th gen of Intel i7's in the external RIPs for the Versant series and above, along with m.2 NVMe drives and DDR4 ECC RAM. Very disappointing to see the most profitable company in the industry short change its clients on the hardware. Really only like $750 - $1000 extra in raw material costs per RIP.
            Last edited by PricelineNegotiator; 08-01-2018, 10:06 AM.

Comment

EFI's gotta rip you off somehow if they want to reach their $1b revenue goal. But you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by MailGuru View Post
                V180 is rated to handle 350gsm auto duplex.
                Nope. 300 duplex. 350 manual duplex. Though because of the beautiful image transfer setting applied at a per stock level, lots of people innovate here...

Comment

An update:

We received the V180P on Monday - this thing is an absolute beast. Registration and image quality are ridiculously good. No fusses for running envelopes, synthetic or 300+ gsm paper. Super pleased so far. Got the Windows 10 RIP and also am able to score up to 5 times on a sheet and output it flat. VERY impressed.

Edit: The only thing that irks me is that the RIP is running a 4th gen Intel i5 and a HDD. EFI get your shit together and get us the 8th gen of Intel i7's in the external RIPs for the Versant series and above, along with m.2 NVMe drives and DDR4 ECC RAM. Very disappointing to see the most profitable company in the industry short change its clients on the hardware. Really only like $750 - $1000 extra in raw material costs per RIP.
                  You were able to get the scoring option inline for the machine? When we got our v3100 in December they told us that option was only available for overseas and not for US customers. It’d be something I’d love to have.

Comment

Originally posted by AP90 View Post

You were able to get the scoring option inline for the machine? When we got our v3100 in December they told us that option was only available for overseas and not for US customers. It’d be something I’d love to have.
                    Yes, that is correct. We actually had to wait a few weeks before signing our lease and during that time period Xerox rolled out a "new model" of the V180P that can crease up to 5x inline and also has a Windows 10 RIP. No extra cost, but I have some really crazy jobs like little custom-sized panel cards that I'll be able to crease inline!

Comment

An update:
                      I noticed that as well, the computer specs seem pretty low. It is fine for us on most things, nothing super massive only the odd job that takes a few extra minutes to RIP. I do wish they would switch to SSD's instead of traditional hard drives as that gives the most noticeable difference in terms of using the software. Everything would just open lightening fast.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
                      CanonAleyantDuploStandard Finishing

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4708 users online. 100 members and 4608 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                      X