Xerox J75 to Xerox Versant 180P Transition

An update:

We received the V180P on Monday - this thing is an absolute beast. Registration and image quality are ridiculously good. No fusses for running envelopes, synthetic or 300+ gsm paper. Super pleased so far. Got the Windows 10 RIP and also am able to score up to 5 times on a sheet and output it flat. VERY impressed.

Edit: The only thing that irks me is that the RIP is running a 4th gen Intel i5 and a HDD. EFI get your shit together and get us the 8th gen of Intel i7's in the external RIPs for the Versant series and above, along with m.2 NVMe drives and DDR4 ECC RAM. Very disappointing to see the most profitable company in the industry short change its clients on the hardware. Really only like $750 - $1000 extra in raw material costs per RIP.

You were able to get the scoring option inline for the machine? When we got our v3100 in December they told us that option was only available for overseas and not for US customers. It’d be something I’d love to have.

You were able to get the scoring option inline for the machine? When we got our v3100 in December they told us that option was only available for overseas and not for US customers. It’d be something I’d love to have.

Yes, that is correct. We actually had to wait a few weeks before signing our lease and during that time period Xerox rolled out a "new model" of the V180P that can crease up to 5x inline and also has a Windows 10 RIP. No extra cost, but I have some really crazy jobs like little custom-sized panel cards that I'll be able to crease inline!

An update:
Edit: The only thing that irks me is that the RIP is running a 4th gen Intel i5 and a HDD. EFI get your shit together and get us the 8th gen of Intel i7's in the external RIPs for the Versant series and above, along with m.2 NVMe drives and DDR4 ECC RAM. Very disappointing to see the most profitable company in the industry short change its clients on the hardware. Really only like $750 - $1000 extra in raw material costs per RIP.

I noticed that as well, the computer specs seem pretty low. It is fine for us on most things, nothing super massive only the odd job that takes a few extra minutes to RIP. I do wish they would switch to SSD's instead of traditional hard drives as that gives the most noticeable difference in terms of using the software. Everything would just open lightening fast.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back