Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks all... big help

Comment

I rarely have to make any additional adjustment after running tray alignment.

Comment

Originally posted by gsbatch View Post
        I rarely have to make any additional adjustment after running tray alignment.
        Yes, I am finding I do not know as much about this machine as I thought I knew. What is tray alignment? I will look at the manual.

Comment

Originally posted by xcelprint View Post

Yes, I am finding I do not know as much about this machine as I thought I knew. What is tray alignment? I will look at the manual.
          I use the SIQA adjustment, which combines the scanner and a piece of software on the Fiery. It is accessed under the Tools - Maintenance menu (requires admin login...password probably is admin unless you've changed it). Install the SIQA software on the Fiery first as there are a couple things you will have to print out to perform the adjustment. Then run through the "semi automated alignment process using scanner," then open the SIQA utility on the Fiery and apply the scans. It is a little tricky at first, but I believe the process is all outlined in the manual and online if you do some digging. However works very well.

I generally do not use the tray alignment function built into Command Workstation.

Comment

Originally posted by ksherrod View Post

I use the SIQA adjustment, which combines the scanner and a piece of software on the Fiery. It is accessed under the Tools - Maintenance menu (requires admin login...password probably is admin unless you've changed it). Install the SIQA software on the Fiery first as there are a couple things you will have to print out to perform the adjustment. Then run through the "semi automated alignment process using scanner," then open the SIQA utility on the Fiery and apply the scans. It is a little tricky at first, but I believe the process is all outlined in the manual and online if you do some digging. However works very well.

I generally do not use the tray alignment function built into Command Workstation.
            I agree with using the Print Engine to set paper/tray alignment per paper would be the way to go. I suppose some printers are still not capable of a alignment settings for each paper like what is available on the Versant 2100, Digital Press 800/1000. I know years ago the custom paper setting were rather limited in the Xerox 700 and earlier series. But, if your print engine is capable that would be the best way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by DYP View Post

I agree with using the Print Engine to set paper/tray alignment per paper would be the way to go. I suppose some printers are still not capable of a alignment settings for each paper like what is available on the Versant 2100, Digital Press 800/1000. I know years ago the custom paper setting were rather limited in the Xerox 700 and earlier series. But, if your print engine is capable that would be the best way to do it.
              I love that on the V2100. Each paper has its own alignment and for the most part they are really good. Few clicks and 10 sheets later I have the closest registration I have ever had digitally.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderings View Post

I love that on the V2100. Each paper has its own alignment and for the most part they are really good. Few clicks and 10 sheets later I have the closest registration I have ever had digitally.
                I do this on our Cannon, takes awhile because we use a wide range of substrates and weights but well worth it imo

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
                CanonAleyantDuploStandard Finishing

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3226 users online. 54 members and 3172 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                X