Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CliffSpielman View Post

Very cool. Ricoh presses are maybe the only major brand I haven't done any testing on yet. Maybe I should. Not sure off hand of shops in town with a C5200 though. I still have some confusion about the need for APPE. I got pretty darn good results on a Xerox Versant 80 with a bustled Fiery - which as I understand it doesn't even offer APPE. I've seem comparable, but certainly not better, results with an external Fiery on a Canon C700 and KM C2070, with APPE active.

But keep in mind, my documents are fairly plain except for the small font sizes. I'm looking for crisp text both against the white background and flowing through the one image in the design.
    Your current product may be very simple but you are buying something to have for 3 to 5 years so you could be printing something else by then. Also maybe you will be inspired to design other things when you can easily print it yourself.
    Last edited by msaeger; 05-27-2018, 02:10 PM.
    Warning I am a Ricoh tech.

Comment

Originally posted by msaeger View Post

Your current product may be very simple but you are buying something to have for 3 to 5 years so you could be printing something else by then. Also maybe you will be inspired to design other the when you can easily print it yourself.
      Very true. I'm a mad scientist with this stuff and have many ideas I want to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post

APPE is the Adobe PDF Print Engine and it will handle live transparency much better than the standard RIP included with a Fiery. Plan on it adding about $25,000 to the cost of the RIP though which is what we were recently quoted for adding APPE to ours.
        Konica Minolta was pitching their IC-603 controller to me. It's either a bustle or maybe even just a chip in the press and it does include APPE so they say. Very cheap. But they didn't have such a press in the demo room. Granted this is a moot point unless you have a KM press or another press with a similar situation.

Comment

Cliff, IC-603 is a very capable system, and I guess it's quoted to you together with the Accurio Press 20x0 to you, which is also a new (and very good) machine. Will provide all the functionality you need, and much more. APPE is included for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Puch View Post
            Cliff, IC-603 is a very capable system, and I guess it's quoted to you together with the Accurio Press 20x0 to you, which is also a new (and very good) machine. Will provide all the functionality you need, and much more. APPE is included for sure.
            Good to know. It's the Accurio Press C2060 since I don't need the higher capacities.

Comment

Originally posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post
              APPE is a life saver. Highly recommend it.
              When APPE was first included on Ricoh Fiery controllers we recommended not using it as the default unless there was a problem with transparency in which case it usually fixed the issue at the (usually small) expense of RIP time. We did that mainly because sometimes leaving APPE on would break something else in the file. The APPE version 3 and the new v4 though is much more bullet proof and so we set it as the default. Here's a nice explanation of what APPE is and does. http://www.datalogics.com/pdf/APPE_Aug09.pdf

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
              CanonAleyantDuploStandard Finishing

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4507 users online. 81 members and 4426 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
              X