Problems sealing pressure seal pieces after printing on Xerox DP135

G

Hello!!!

I have a couple of Xerox DP135 presses and I run a lot of 8.5 x 14 pressure seal pieces.

Recently I had some complaints about the pieces not being properly sealed - after several years of no complaints at all.....

Over the years we have changed paper suppliers - but this sealing issue doesn't coincide with changing paper suppliers or even with a specific batch of paper.

I haven't made any changes to the printers or ink or fuser agent that I use.

I did some research and found that the fuser oil is not good for some types of cohesive on the pressure seal pieces. In fact Xerox has a patent for an additive that should be used in the cohesive (by the paper supplier) so that the cohesive is not affected by the fuser oil.

i talked to my paper suppliers but they don't seem to be aware of this issue - the problem of printing pressure seal piece son presses that use fuser oil - like mine.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this issue and how to fix it? I have tried letting the paper stand for a few hours between printing and sealing - doesn't seem to make any difference. If I run samples through a desktop printer that doesn't use fuser oil i get a perfect seal, so I'm pretty sure it's not my sealing equipment that has a problem.

Is there an adjustment or setting that controls how much fuser oil gets applied to each sheet? Maybe I could dial back on the amount of fuser oil that gets deposited?

Any insight gratefully appreciated,

Doug

I have a DP125 that we occasionally print pressure seal forms on. Never had a problem. Normally we print them on our Ricoh 8200 because they feed far better out of the vacuum feed drawers and the fiery on that processes the jobs much faster. I have done them on several other machines occasionally also and never had problems with any of them. infoseal is our form manufacturer.

I'll be honest I had no idea what pressure seal pieces were. But being curious I googled it and found this on a manufacturers page. May be an explanation. Talks about humidity and a shelf life.

Attachments

• photo7677.png
    photo7677.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 227
I have a DP125 that we occasionally print pressure seal forms on. Never had a problem. Normally we print them on our Ricoh 8200 because they feed far better out of the vacuum feed drawers and the fiery on that processes the jobs much faster. I have done them on several other machines occasionally also and never had problems with any of them. infoseal is our form manufacturer.

jrsc - I don't think that the DP125 uses fuser oil. That's likely why it doesn't have a problem. My old DP135's use fuser oil.....

I'll be honest I had no idea what pressure seal pieces were. But being curious I googled it and found this on a manufacturers page. May be an explanation. Talks about humidity and a shelf life.

Santa - Our paper never sits for more than a month and we see the problems using paper from the same day that it's delivered. So I'm still thinking it's a fuser oil problem.....

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back