Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiery Color Profiler Suite Updates

Collapse
CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fiery Color Profiler Suite Updates

    We had our subscription run out last year and stopped receiving updates. Well, Xeroxw had to do a fresh re-install on our RIP and afterwards we can’t seem to get the updates up to when our subscription ran out. Does anyone have any experience with this? Should Xerox be giving us updates to Color Profiler until our contract runs out?

  • #2
    Fortunately, this is an easy problem to solve. Old versions of Color Profiler Suite are downloadable from efi.com under the Support & Downloads link, then click on Application Software and Tools, and then select Fiery Color Profiler Suite on the left, and a list of old versions shows up on the right. Download the version you had before (hopefully you remember the version number).

    The software is licensed to your spectrophotometer, which I'm sure you still have, so that shouldn't be an issue. (Just make sure it's connected to the Fiery.)

    You don't need Xerox to fix you up, just the good advice you get at this forum and also at the EFI forums. Good luck!

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you Steve0. That was what I needed. EFI really did a good job of burying those old versions on their website.

      Comment


      • #4
        If you are leasing the equipment including the RIP that subscription should be covered I would think.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by arossetti View Post
          If you are leasing the equipment including the RIP that subscription should be covered I would think.
          We are leasing two machines, both with ES-2000s and Color Profiler Suite, but according to Xerox, we only get one year of updates for it. After that we have to pay for updates.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by kdw75 View Post

            We are leasing two machines, both with ES-2000s and Color Profiler Suite, but according to Xerox, we only get one year of updates for it. After that we have to pay for updates.
            Wow, that is pretty shi**y

            Comment


            • #7
              No, that's reality. Most shops that get CPS knowingly do not purchase extended years of support beyond year 1, which comes with the software. It's a cost-saving move. I think it's a mistake. CPS has substantially improved over the years, so a continued support subscription, which not only entitles you to the latest versions, but gets you access to technical support directly from EFI, is well worth it.

              It has nothing to do with the length of the lease on the equipment. All software solutions are sold this way. And if a vendor fails to even offer additional years of support and upgrade because they don't think the customer will buy it, shame on them.

              I think CPS is a great piece of software.

              Comment


              • #8
                When we signed our lease for Xerox boxes it was included in our contract for term of lease all updates including Fiery software and fixed click charges.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by KopyBoss View Post
                  When we signed our lease for Xerox boxes it was included in our contract for term of lease all updates including Fiery software and fixed click charges.
                  Did you have to ask for this or was that in the standard lease? Ours says that it only includes security updates, but doesn't specifically mention EFI software.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Steve0 View Post
                    No, that's reality. Most shops that get CPS knowingly do not purchase extended years of support beyond year 1, which comes with the software. It's a cost-saving move. I think it's a mistake. CPS has substantially improved over the years, so a continued support subscription, which not only entitles you to the latest versions, but gets you access to technical support directly from EFI, is well worth it.

                    It has nothing to do with the length of the lease on the equipment. All software solutions are sold this way. And if a vendor fails to even offer additional years of support and upgrade because they don't think the customer will buy it, shame on them.

                    I think CPS is a great piece of software.
                    We are still on version 4.9, so we are only a little behind.

                    I guess this is why we were able to go directly to EFI and add functionality to our 2100 that Xerox didn't even offer.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kdw75 View Post

                      Did you have to ask for this or was that in the standard lease? Ours says that it only includes security updates, but doesn't specifically mention EFI software.
                      Yes we asked for it....Cause we knew the CPS was only good for one year from previous experience so this time around we told Xerox any software that came on the Fiery had to includle all software updates for the term of the lease. Told our sale rep it was a deal breaker if not included.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Steve0 View Post
                        It has nothing to do with the length of the lease on the equipment. All software solutions are sold this way.
                        So command workstation only comes with 1 year of service on a 5 year lease?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by arossetti View Post

                          So command workstation only comes with 1 year of service on a 5 year lease?
                          He is talking about Color Profiler Suite, not Command Workstation. Color Profiler Suite is expensive while Command Workstation is actually free.

                          Comment

                          Unconfigured Static HTML Module

                          Collapse

                          Static HTML Module Content
                          4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
                          CanonDuploStandard FinishingSmartsoft (Presswise)KBA

                          What's Going On

                          Collapse

                          There are currently 4546 users online. 104 members and 4442 guests.

                          Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

                          Working...
                          X