Printing on Silverfoil

klorzeiger

Hello everyone, i would like to print Fullcolor on silverfoil. its for a videogame cover in a plasticcase, its around A4 size. i know that you need to print white first then the colors over it for strong colors. i cant find a local store that can do this. do you have any recommendations for an online printing service that can do this? thanks for your help. greets klorzeiger :)

Look for sign shops or packaging mockup/proofing service providers that have solvent/UV/latex inkjet capabilities and media… But first, you will need to consider your budget! EDIT: My comments were based around the presumption of a very small run, which may or may not be the case.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
We regularly print over a silver laminate on Indigo presses. We have found that the ink keys better to the laminate than it does to foil board. We usually don't run a white base, but can do if it's needed.
It can be done on offset as well, but best on presses fitted with UV curing equipment.
Try seeking out a local printer that has an Indigo press to start with, and discuss your options with them.
We would be happy to help you but we're located in Australia.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back