blotchy bue and green on Versant 2100

wonderings

Have a 11 x 8.5 brochure (2 up, 4/4) I am trying to print on our Versant 2100. Printing on a Lynx 70lb text uncoated 104 gsm long grain sheet 13 x 19. There is a heavy blue and green bar that is coming out blotchy. The blue is far worse. Makeup of the blue is 88C 64M 0Y 0K

I have tried playing with transfer settings for both M and C, run cleaning, tried adjusting the fusing temperatures all with no luck.

Colour drums are all fairly new and 85% life and up. Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do here to get a smooth solid blue and green?

43514952801_45a7a27613_b.jpg

Thanks

Hi Wonderings,
We had similar issues and found it was due to moisture content of paper. Try a freshly opened pack and see the difference.

Usually this can be corrected with a 2nd bias transfer voltage adjustment. Sorry it has been a little time since I was around one and forget how to get to the setting to adjust.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back