Landa Digital Printing completes $300 Million financing round

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
Landa Digital Printing announced the completion of a $300 million equity financing, led by private investment firm SKion GmbH & specialty chemicals group ALTANA, an existing shareholder.

Both SKion and ALTANA are wholly-owned by German entrepreneur Susanne Klatten. Proceeds to be used for expansion of the company’s infrastructure & manufacturing, R&D and market development. Klatten says “My investment reflects my confidence in the technological potential of Landa Digital Printing.”

The investment is in addition to more than $400 million previously invested by Landa & ALTANA. Landa continues to be the company’s majority shareholder with 54 %. ALTANA and SKion together now own 46 %, with ALTANA continuing to hold a stake of 33.3 %.

Landa Digital Printing announced the completion of a $300 million equity financing, led by private investment firm SKion GmbH & specialty chemicals group ALTANA, an existing shareholder.

Both SKion and ALTANA are wholly-owned by German entrepreneur Susanne Klatten. Proceeds to be used for expansion of the company’s infrastructure & manufacturing, R&D and market development. Klatten says “My investment reflects my confidence in the technological potential of Landa Digital Printing.”

The investment is in addition to more than $400 million previously invested by Landa & ALTANA. Landa continues to be the company’s majority shareholder with 54 %. ALTANA and SKion together now own 46 %, with ALTANA continuing to hold a stake of 33.3 %.

I am guessing that the Landa blanket is turning out to be pretty expensive technology.
When is getting more into debt a good thing? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I recall seeing the Landa "song and dance" presentation in 2012 at Drupa. It is 6 years later and they need more financing. They have not shipped too many units and the expense of a Landa printer cannot be afforded by too many printers these days when runs are getting smaller and more immediate.
You can now buy wide, 4 color inkjet printers from Barberan, Hymmen, and others at 1/2 the price. I can retrofit a Heidelberg with with digital inkjet heads and have the best of both worlds. No one buys equipment anymore because it is cool. You need to be able to pay a press off quickly. I would not want to get stuck with a Landa bill without a HUGE customer helping me pay the debt.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back