6x17" booklet best combo

floo06

Hi guys, I am working with my marketing team on a ecom project.
We are looking at printing a personalized 6x17" booklet with all our orders. Those would follow one of five templates where a part of the text/images are static and a part personalized.
I need this to be printed at the fulfillment step when the order is being prepared.
My marketing team gave me a quite aggressive target of 12 cents (paper + printer costs).
The paper chosen so far is a Williamsburg Offset White Smooth 70# , printed double side. With ideally a full bleed red square on the cover page.
The folding style is a double parallel.

I am trying to get the best compromise between cost per page, quality and efficiency of the process (to minimize labor costs).

So far I am looking at using :
- Bartender Automation edition as a VDP software
- A printer like the Ricoh 5200
- A folding machine like a dynafold DE42FC or Martin yale 1811

Assuming this workflow :
- Paper sourced cut and with red square pre printed.
- Personalized fields generated by bartender software. then pdf sent to the Ricoh
- Manual insert in the folding unit

My calculations are that assuming 13k booklets per month I'd pay about 16 cents for the booklet + manual labor to insert and remove in the folder. It's still a lot compared to my target.

Thoughts ? So far my concerns are :
1/ will bartender do the job ? Or should I look at fusionpro
2/ Is there cheaper than the Ricoh 5200 ?
3/ WIll those folding machine do the job ?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back