Getting double clicks with 13 x 26 sheet on V3100

DYP

What is everybody else with a V3100 0r V180 seeing. I am getting charged for twice as many click as what I actually ran. I don't recall seeing any documentation on this.

That's the way it is on my Ricoh ProC9100 as well. I believe anything over 13x19 gets a double click charge, and definitely banner sheets.

If all the contracts are similar for Xerox look at the EXTRA LONG PRINTS section in the Terms and Conditions of the Lease Agreement. That's where the click amounts for long prints are for my V180.

That is why I am asking as I see no mention that 1 Extra Long Impression is counted as 2 clicks.

There is an extra charge for Extra Long Impression but no indication that, that is is actually doubled per impression.

Last edited:
Here's how my Extra Long Print Section Reads

"7. EXTRA LONG PRINTS. The following Equipment model(s), V180P may now, or in
the future, have extra-long print capability, which is the ability to produce a print that is
longer than 491mm. Maximum print length may vary by model. The meters for
Equipment with extra-long print capability will register the following, as applicable: (i) for
impressions greater than 491mm, up to and including 661mm, the Extra Long
Impressions meter will register two (2) prints for each such extra-long print, in addition
to registering one (1) print on either the Color Impressions meter (in the case of a color
print) or the Black Impressions meter (in the case of a B&W print); (ii) for impressions
greater than 661mm, up to and including 877mm, the Extra Long Impressions meter will
register three (3) prints for each such extra-long print, in addition to registering one (1)
print on either the Color Impressions meter (in the case of a color print) or the Black
Impression meter (in the case of a B&W print); (iii) for impressions greater than 877mm,
up to and including 1,083mm, the Extra Long Impressions meter will register four (4)
prints for each such extra-long print, in addition to registering one (1) print on either the
Color Impressions meter (in the case of a color print) or the Black Impression meter (in
the case of a B&W print); and (iv) for impressions greater than 1,083mm, up to and
including 1,299mm, the Extra Long Impressions meter will register five (5) prints for
each such extra-long print, in addition to registering one (1) print on either the Color
Impressions meter (in the case of a color print) or the Black Impression meter (in the
case of a B&W print)."

Mine has a click rate listed for the extra long impressions that are a different meter.

First two pages have pricing for the machine and meters. The pages after that have the fine print terms and conditions.

Here's how my Extra Long Print Section Reads

"7. EXTRA LONG PRINTS. The following Equipment model(s), V180P may now, or in
the future, have extra-long print capability, which is the ability to produce a print that is
longer than 491mm. Maximum print length may vary by model. The meters for
Equipment with extra-long print capability will register the following, as applicable: (i) for
impressions greater than 491mm, up to and including 661mm, the Extra Long
Impressions meter will register two (2) prints for each such extra-long print, in addition
to registering one (1) print on either the Color Impressions meter (in the case of a color
print) or the Black Impressions meter (in the case of a B&W print); (ii) for impressions
greater than 661mm, up to and including 877mm, the Extra Long Impressions meter will
register three (3) prints for each such extra-long print, in addition to registering one (1)
print on either the Color Impressions meter (in the case of a color print) or the Black
Impression meter (in the case of a B&W print); (iii) for impressions greater than 877mm,
up to and including 1,083mm, the Extra Long Impressions meter will register four (4)
prints for each such extra-long print, in addition to registering one (1) print on either the
Color Impressions meter (in the case of a color print) or the Black Impression meter (in
the case of a B&W print); and (iv) for impressions greater than 1,083mm, up to and
including 1,299mm, the Extra Long Impressions meter will register five (5) prints for
each such extra-long print, in addition to registering one (1) print on either the Color
Impressions meter (in the case of a color print) or the Black Impression meter (in the
case of a B&W print)."

Mine has a click rate listed for the extra long impressions that are a different meter.

I have the same verbiage in my lease for my V180P. It's honestly a pretty good deal, didn't blink at the cost per 13 x 26" because it's such an easy sell.

Does it gripe anyone else that they started charging extra for this? On our C75 13x19 is the same price as 8.5x11. Then on our 2100 8.5x11 is one price and then anything larger up to 26" is a little extra. Seems like things are trending up, but with technology they should get cheaper. Like televisions. ;)

Does it gripe anyone else that they started charging extra for this? On our C75 13x19 is the same price as 8.5x11. Then on our 2100 8.5x11 is one price and then anything larger up to 26" is a little extra. Seems like things are trending up, but with technology they should get cheaper. Like televisions. ;)

Do you really wish to be charged on a true/accurate variable toner usage model – or not be on a click model and fend for yourself?

Stephen Marsh

Yeah, but how do you think Xerox and the rest of the press manufacturers feel that you cut your click numbers in half over the course of a few years when the word got out about doubling up print jobs? They need to make money in order to improve their machines year over year, it's generally only to our benefit that Xerox (and others) get their money they need.

My canon c750 has 1 click up to 14 inch (envelope) the double click up to 19 (the same cost for our c7011) and then more than triples for our 3 up sizes. It is exactly the same click cost for me to run 1000 clicks 1 up or 500 2 up, but costs me more to go 3 up so I also charge a premium for banner sizes.

I love this click/billing model, as far as paying for my own supplies, I have retired my OKI for envelopes holding it only for sizes smaller than the canon can handle. Now my extra drum, belt, fuser, and toners will earn me a premium when they are used.

Do you really wish to be charged on a true/accurate variable toner usage model – or not be on a click model and fend for yourself?

Stephen Marsh

They are the ones that signed us up at the same low price for any size sheet on our C75. Then our more expensive 2100 costs more per click for a letter size sheet than our C75 costs for a 13x19 sheet. So they are charging more money on a higher end machine.

I don't mind paying more for a larger sheet, but the problem with the 26" price model is that you not only pay more on the newer machines, but they run much slower. Since time is more valuable than the small savings in click charges, the mode isn't very useful. They should either bump up the speed to half normal speed or drop the cost.

I am getting charged for twice as many click as what I actually ran.

Hi. We are a software developer and we sell a Print MIS system named PressWise. We are not a printer or have any relationship with any print system vendor. We set up the COST and PRICE for each press system, and I help customer with set up and implementation. I can tell you that while MANY if not MOST of our customers own the same HP Indigo models - what the customers asks me to enter as a click cost is ALL OVER the place. Now, mind you, what they tell me to enter in that field and what they then actually pay HP is certainly none of my business. But I have talked at trade shows with owners - and they all have a different story of how they came up with that COST. My guess is this is never ever going to be some standard amount that every customer pays. It is clearly negotiated. It may also involve volumes.

Now, having said THAT - and related directly to this question - years ago, we were asked by a customer - who had just bought a Xerox iGen - to add a way to track - by paper height - different click charges. That way, the applied the correct cost ( and subsequent markup sell price ) when they selected different sized papers - Xerox sent us what the break points were...see screen capture - not sure this helps, but just wanted you to know this is pretty common.

Attachments

• photo7861.png
    photo7861.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 306
I see no double clicks in your example. It looks like an example of my contract/agreement. Different charges for different sizes. The problem as I mentioned in the OP is that I am getting double clicked plus additional charges for Extra Long Impressions when the contract only states the additional charges.

Its not a double click up to 19". Or shouldn't be. It will be the standard color click plus the Large which is up to 19" in length. Over 19.1" to 26" you would add 2 of meter XL. Most printers don't run this length from my experience.

Some printers can register a 19" as 1 click, but it apparently messes up the service guys as the count is incorrect. The manufactures spec yields off of a letter size click. So technically a 19 is registered 2 clicks and a banner is registered as 4 clicks. How it is billed is dependent on your contract. We negotiated banner at 1.5 our normal click rate. A click being anything up to 19" inches. This means the accounting department has to read in all counters to calculate billing.

Our machine has a total impressions (click) along with a breakdown of what they are. Total impressions includes anything below 14" i believe, and then a separate column for Large sheet clicks. All you have to do is a little math and you can figure out what everything is. Also, our banner print is something like large click+ 2 small clicks or something like that. Idk, honestly i never even plan on using it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back