Digital Paper

pacificiam

Dear All,

Nowadays the digital market is growing day by day.

I would like to know what are the properties required in digital paper. If you can share the value of these properties are better.

We are trying to develop a paper for digital.

How many people actually use 'Digital' paper? we currently use the same paper as our offset presses due to the price being lower. Is there really any noticeable difference?

How many people actually use 'Digital' paper? we currently use the same paper as our offset presses due to the price being lower. Is there really any noticeable difference?

Only if it jams, or, you have print quality issues and you have to call in a service technician. They'll take one look, tell you "It's the paper", and then turn around and leave. :)

Only if it jams, or, you have print quality issues and you have to call in a service technician. They'll take one look, tell you "It's the paper", and then turn around and leave. :)

Even so called digital paper has print quality issues. Take Blazer digital for example.

One offset sheet that I have found that seems to be the same as their digital sheet is Sappi FLO. Found that out when I cut down text weight for short grain for perfect bound books. It also works great for 13 x 26 sheets.

in the flexo world the paper stock is usually not the best quality. flexo plates will allow you to print well on untreated papers and low quality clay coated semi-gloss. if you try printing on these papers, especially clay coated semi-gloss you will have bad printing.

for UV inkjet digital a coating is needed on these papers to allow an even ink lay down. i have minimal experience with water based inkjet but my understanding is that it is even more specialized and requires heavier coatings.

"Digital Paper" is a very vague description - there are so many different printing processes out there how do you define "Digital"? (we do not have any offset presses but 3 different "Digital" machines). If you are referring to a toner machine with a fuser - our experience is that smoother finishes result in better images - we also utilize Sappi FLO stocks in our Ricoh 7100 (and previous Ricohs as well) and are very pleased with them - good price point and excellent results. However - we cannot use them on our Riso ComColor "Digital" Ink Jet as the ink smears - suspect this would be a problem on any ink jet. There will be different stocks for different print methods that will suit how the ink/toner/whatever they invent next is formulated. No one stock will suit all.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back