Best offset digital proofing printer

pruthvi

Hi,

Our company has a 4 color Heidelberg offset and apart from that, We don't have any digital proofing systems. Most sampling is done on the press and it ends up creating a lot of wastage. We would like to create digital proofs that would match offset quality and would like some printer recommendations for the same.
About our print jobs, we work a lot with Pantone colors and most of our job fits within 13" x 17". So we don't want very wide printers and would like a small alternative that just does the job. On the cost side too, something that is economical works best.
it would be very helpful if you can mention the printer with the exact model.

thanks!

There is a lot more to this than simply choosing the right printer.
It would help to know what workflow you are using to prepare files for the offset press, you need a proofing solution that will work seamlessly with your existing workflow, then you need to look at what printers work with that proofing solution, then when you have the printer, it needs to be calibrated to a baseline and you need to decide whether you are going to use custom profiles to match proofs to your press or whether you are going to proof to an ISO standard and calibrate your plate output and ink densities to the same ISO.
We used to build our own profiles to target the presses, and use those profiles to make proofs, but we have changed our thinking over the last few years and now have a curve on our plates and standard densities on the press to match as closely as we can to ISO 12647-2 and use standard FOGRA profiles to match the proofs as closely as possible to the same standard.

Epson SureColor P6000/7000 or 8000, RIP EFI Fiery XF 6.x, Xrite i1 Pro2 or i1iO or i1is

Epson Sure color is the good option for the offset proofing printer. Proofing printer, CTP rip and offset machine must be set with same profile, then only proofing inkjet matches to the offset printing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back