Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xerox Versant 80 Problem with vertical line on all colours!!!

Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Xerox Versant 80 Problem with vertical line on all colours!!!

    4 months into using our Versant 80 I noticed a dark vertical line appearing in the tint areas of a job I was running. When an Engineer came round to have a look, I was told that it is one of the faults of the Xerox Versant 80 (see images attached) and that there was no way around the problem. I never had this on my Xerox 700 and find it strange that this has even been allowed to happened which means I can't run any jobs which contain a tint on the sheet.

    Xerox created a fly wheel to minimise the problem but it still doesn't do anything when running heavier stocks.

    I printed a CMYK tint test and found that the line is in a different position on each colour.

    Does anyone have any workarounds to clear or minimise this problem which is caused when the sheet is fed from the tray and comes to a halt at the 2nd BTR.
    Circular Fly wheel Lines on 350gsm Colotech+ Silk

  • #2
    We get the same on our V80, never found a suitable work around. On grey's I alter the mix where possible to get more from he other colours and less from black. I've had one or two jobs with light grey across the entire cover of a booklet and I'll had to outsource the job because of it.

    Really is a major flaw in an otherwise terrific machine. Only other flaw being the 2nd BTR struggles to clean when we run certain silks, mainly Lumi. Sometimes I get 20k between changes, other times I've gotten 100K +.

    Comment


    • #3
      Do the lines ever repeat on the same 11x17 or larger sheet?

      Comment


      • #4
        That should not be an acceptable response from Xerox. I have had similar lines and had them fixed on our 2100. Not sure if it is the same thing with what you are having. I would be pushing Xerox harder on a solution, they cannot sell a machine that leaves lines like that on the print, they are basically selling a broken printer if they accept that.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wonderings View Post
          That should not be an acceptable response from Xerox. I have had similar lines and had them fixed on our 2100. Not sure if it is the same thing with what you are having. I would be pushing Xerox harder on a solution, they cannot sell a machine that leaves lines like that on the print, they are basically selling a broken printer if they accept that.
          This. Someone at Xerox is being lazy. We have a 3100 and don't have any of these problems, at least consistently. We do occasionally get streaking, but not anything that is just always there.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DYP View Post
            Do the lines ever repeat on the same 11x17 or larger sheet?
            No the line doesn't repeat on the sheet. It is only in 1 position but on every single sheet.

            As mentioned by 'Wonderings', I had to outsource this job to someone with a 2100. When I mentioned it to him, he also had the same problem but Xerox eventually fixed it but I don't know if this is only on the 2100 and NOT the Versant 80.

            I've now got my sheets back from the outsourced company and there are no lines at all. Unfortunately for me, that is my workaround.

            Comment


            • #7
              I have two V80s and just happened to have a Xerox tech here who was willing to take a look at your post. He suggested looking at the IBT belt assembly drive sprocket. It's a small sprocket that's visible on the inside of the machine after you pull out the paper transport (area 2). This sprocket is in the drive train of the flywheel your picture shows.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by AP90 View Post

                This. Someone at Xerox is being lazy. We have a 3100 and don't have any of these problems, at least consistently. We do occasionally get streaking, but not anything that is just always there.
                Agree. Call your Xerox sales person and tell them you will invoke the satisfaction guarantee if they can't make it work. Not acceptable under any circumstance. Also make sure the tech gets disciplined for that bullshit response. You can also call the customer relations group at Xerox and tell them what is going on. That will light a fire under the sales person's and the tech's ass.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post

                  Agree. Call your Xerox sales person and tell them you will invoke the satisfaction guarantee if they can't make it work. Not acceptable under any circumstance. Also make sure the tech gets disciplined for that bullshit response. You can also call the customer relations group at Xerox and tell them what is going on. That will light a fire under the sales person's and the tech's ass.
                  +1

                  You will need to keep pushing and fighting with Xerox. There is no way they sold you the machine stating there is one little issue... it leaves lines down the sheet. This would be covered under the customer satisfaction agreement you signed. We fought with Xerox for over a year because they could not get our J75 to work right, in the end they took it back at 100% purchase value and gave us a greatly reduced Versant 2100. Do not settle for this, it is not right. I have seen prints on a V180 and they did not have those lines. There is no way they made a machine and brought it out to market like that. You need to push higher up the food chain, if that person cannot do anything get in touch with their boss. Keep pushing till you find one who will make this right.

                  If this is what service is like in your area I would be looking at another provider for your digital printing needs.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I Agree that the tech is just being lazy (and, possibly not trained properly). Xerox is a great company to work with, but, sometimes you have to push (as others have mentioned in this post).

                    We had a problem with one of our 2100's (not the problem that you indicate here), but, the techs could not figure it out. After a couple of weeks, they decided (without my pushing), to pull and replace the whole printer, with a brand new one, which, they did. The problem has not recurred, and, that was over a year ago.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wonderings View Post

                      +1

                      You will need to keep pushing and fighting with Xerox. There is no way they sold you the machine stating there is one little issue... it leaves lines down the sheet. This would be covered under the customer satisfaction agreement you signed. We fought with Xerox for over a year because they could not get our J75 to work right, in the end they took it back at 100% purchase value and gave us a greatly reduced Versant 2100. Do not settle for this, it is not right. I have seen prints on a V180 and they did not have those lines. There is no way they made a machine and brought it out to market like that. You need to push higher up the food chain, if that person cannot do anything get in touch with their boss. Keep pushing till you find one who will make this right.

                      If this is what service is like in your area I would be looking at another provider for your digital printing needs.
                      Thanks everyone.
                      I will call out an engineer again and see what they say otherwise I will take this further.
                      When the Engineer told me it was a known fault and that is what the fly wheel was for, I spoke to another engineer to confirm if this was true and he said that it was.
                      Is there any out there who has the same problem on their Versant 80 or is it just me???

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by sidneykidney View Post

                        Thanks everyone.
                        I will call out an engineer again and see what they say otherwise I will take this further.
                        When the Engineer told me it was a known fault and that is what the fly wheel was for, I spoke to another engineer to confirm if this was true and he said that it was.
                        Is there any out there who has the same problem on their Versant 80 or is it just me???
                        Good idea trying to find out if others are having the same issue. I have real trouble believing Xerox would sell a product with that issue. Would you have bought the machine had you know you would have incurable lines on your prints? Doubt it. Good luck and don't let up, just keep pushing higher and higher up their management food chain till you can get someone who can actually do something.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by sidneykidney View Post


                          When the Engineer told me it was a known fault and that is what the fly wheel was for, I spoke to another engineer to confirm if this was true and he said that it was.
                          Is there any out there who has the same problem on their Versant 80 or is it just me???
                          I have had this issue. Was my post #7 clear?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Stickman42 View Post

                            I have had this issue. Was my post #7 clear?
                            I had a look inside my Versant 80 but wasn't sure which part you was refering to.

                            I have attached a pic of the inside area. Is it the part with a circle around it.

                            If it is, do you know what am I supposed to do to it.


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Something you could try. Remove the flywheel and run it and see if it makes any difference.

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Static HTML Module

                              Collapse

                              Static HTML Module Content
                              4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
                              CanonDuploStandard FinishingSmartsoft (Presswise)KBA

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4526 users online. 106 members and 4420 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

                              Working...
                              X