Ricoh 9200?

Pipp_pipp

Hi all,

Just a quick background. The main production of my business is books. I'm also making the odd business card here and there, and lastly, newsletter style magazines. The workflow goes as such;

Two Ricoh 8110s' that will print the inside's pages (B&W). I then have a Canon C750 that prints the covers or anything color related. I use the Canon to make an 8 sheet newsletter style magazine that I send to all my new clients.
My current volumes for the Ricoh's are just over 1mil impressions a month on each engine, and I'm doing about 30 - 50 booklets a day. As you know the booklet finisher on the Canon is far too slow for any mid level production.
I'm looking at expanding my magazine production. Projecting 10,000 50pg magazine's a month. My idea right now is to replace all current machines with two Ricoh 9200's, and a duplo 350 booklet maker Inline with one of the 9200's.

With that being said, I'm a bit skeptical for the speed of the 9200 with 11x17. The speed of the 8110 for 11X17 is a blistering 32ppm.
Looking for any kind of feedback regarding the workflow & the 9200's, especially the speed.
I'm still rather new to all this so forgive me if I left out any important details.

Cheers,

If B/W is the core of your books, don't spend extra money on a high-end color engine. Rather, invest in B/W speed. Look at 2 Konica Minolta 2250 that does 140 duplex 11x17 per minute. Put a Plockmatic or Duplo on each.

Would you not consider running your finishing 'Near Line' we have 3 productions machines and run a Duplo 350 separately, find its so much faster and gives us greater flexibility.

How do you find the click charges on the Ricoh mono machines, I have been told they are very high compared to Xerox mono?

Would you not consider running your finishing 'Near Line' we have 3 productions machines and run a Duplo 350 separately, find its so much faster and gives us greater flexibility.

How do you find the click charges on the Ricoh mono machines, I have been told they are very high compared to Xerox mono?

Very nice, I've decided to get a near line setup as well.
As for the click charges on the Ricoh B&W. I started at 0.0040 in 2016, now up to 0.0052. Haven't had any experience with Xerox.

Decision as of now is (1) Ricoh 9110 that will strictly be for the magazine production with either a Duplo 600i, Horizon SPF200a as a near line setup. I was originally going for the duplo 350i or Bourg BM-e. I've been told the 350i won't keep up with my new projected 50-100k 24pg magazine's.

How was the 350 been for you rainman23?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back