Very entry level digit press with Matte print?

Printastic

Looking for most entry level all digital printer to print business cards in matte print finish, on uncoated / coated matte 14pt card stock, duplex, 12x18 or so. Speed is not real factor but need good quality matte print. Budget is $1000 or less / mo for lease. So far only considered versant but hate xerox corp and don’t want to get together with them again. Any recommendation ?

I think Cannon is really good for matte prints and also textured stocks. I like Konica and the toner is much more flat then it used to be. They have an entry level C3080 that's pretty budget friendly. Our C6100 is stunning quality and no marks from the printer which is nice. Ricoh has a very flat toner and they just released their new 7210 with 5th station that supports white / clear toner. I think most printers can be had at 1K /M depending on length of lease. I would get some files and stock and go test all the brands.

I think Cannon is really good for matte prints and also textured stocks. I like Konica and the toner is much more flat then it used to be. They have an entry level C3080 that's pretty budget friendly. Our C6100 is stunning quality and no marks from the printer which is nice. Ricoh has a very flat toner and they just released their new 7210 with 5th station that supports white / clear toner. I think most printers can be had at 1K /M depending on length of lease. I would get some files and stock and go test all the brands.

Can the KM C6100 be bought without the finishing options?

Check out the Konica Minolta C3070L (make sure it's the L) version if you are only looking for entry level. It will support up to 350gsm duplex (16pt), and up to 13x19 sheet size. It also has a banner mode that can handle up to 13x30 duplex, and 13x50 simplex. To keep the cost down, stick with the embedded KM controller and don't upgrade to the Fiery. You can add basic finishing and a high cap feeder, or just use the standard trays, bypass tray, and an output catch tray to really keep the cost down and the footprint small. Also, if you don't plan on making copies, tell them you just want the basic lid and not a document feeder.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back