Standard Finishing
4Over

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a Machine for Small Volume Envelope Printing

Collapse
CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by bill kahny View Post

    I would love those customers
    Ha. They do exist in certain realms.

    Beside our production printer, we also have a Lanier LD655c. I wonder if we could get a machine that would replace both the duplicator and it that would do envelopes and quicker printing/copying. We need it to do NCR as well. So without trying to sell me any products on here and since we have our own sales people. does anyone have any more suggestions?

    Comment


    • #17
      Don't know what your production printer is but you can check out the Xerox Versant threads, people use them for envelopes and everything else.
      (2) Ricoh Pro 7110SX digital printers
      OKI C931e with Straight Shooter Envelope feeder

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Shawnd View Post
        Don't know what your production printer is but you can check out the Xerox Versant threads, people use them for envelopes and everything else.
        Our production printer is Lanier C5100s. I can't get it do envelopes. It is supposed to be unable to do NCR, but I run NCR through it without a problem. The only time I run NCR through it is when I need to number the forms; otherwise, I run NCR through the duplicator.

        Comment


        • #19
          canon c750 does all the above and more. I have had mine around 6 months and love it.

          Comment


          • #20
            Forgot Lanier = Ricoh, check into the new Ricoh 7200 I have heard it can do envelopes better than the 7100.
            (2) Ricoh Pro 7110SX digital printers
            OKI C931e with Straight Shooter Envelope feeder

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by bill kahny View Post
              canon c750 does all the above and more. I have had mine around 6 months and love it.
              How many pages thick will that fold and staple?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Shawnd View Post
                Forgot Lanier = Ricoh, check into the new Ricoh 7200 I have heard it can do envelopes better than the 7100.
                I just watched a video on it. It looks great. perhaps I will be looking into a new production machine next year.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Hi, we are a small printer shop, with a really small envelopes production.

                  For printing black and white or big mass in color we use a Xerox Versant 80, but the click charge is high when there is a small color area, in that case we used a ColorQube 9203, which was a pain in the ass, slow and a really small tray load for this porpuse. Now, we use a HP PageWide 472, it does not have a great quality printing, but it's cheap, fast, and you can print about 100 envelopes per load.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Pkova View Post

                    Our production printer is Lanier C5100s. I can't get it do envelopes. It is supposed to be unable to do NCR, but I run NCR through it without a problem. The only time I run NCR through it is when I need to number the forms; otherwise, I run NCR through the duplicator.
                    You have this machine? https://www.ricoh-usa.com/en/product...ter/_/R-404493

                    I have people that run many envelopes on those. You need to the smaller ones like #10 with the flap open and disable double feed detection.

                    What issue do you have?

                    I see people run NCR on there too and I don't see issue with it.

                    Warning I am a Ricoh tech.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      We are also a small digital shop and do a fair volume in envelopes and NCR - small runs - typically 250 - 500 at a time. We also have utilized a duplicator for this work in the past (Risograph) and have had 3 or 4 of these over the last 20 years. In the last 8 yrs. we have added a Risograph Ink Jet (ComColor) and have converted most of this type of work to it. We can number in our software (CorelDraw) with the added bonus of being able to print colour on all parts of an NCR job. We also utilize a Ricoh 7100 for colour production work (which we are very happy with) but do not use it for either envelopes or NCR because of the click charges we would incur. Ink cost of running on the ComColor is well under $0.01 per print for this type of work. The machine can be a little finicky when feeding different stocks but with some patience it will do the job. The Xante would be an alternate but as I've had no experience with one can't really comment on costs or reliability. The colour quality would be better on the Xante being a toner printer but our customers also find the quality on the ComColor acceptable for this type of work. Used ComColors are in the marketplace - might be worth taking a look at. Of course Riso would be more than willing to sell you a new one too!!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I also have the Impressia, I have no problems with it, none. Does exactly what they say, I print envelopes.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by msaeger View Post

                          You have this machine? https://www.ricoh-usa.com/en/product...ter/_/R-404493

                          I have people that run many envelopes on those. You need to the smaller ones like #10 with the flap open and disable double feed detection.

                          What issue do you have?

                          I see people run NCR on there too and I don't see issue with it.
                          Yes this is the machine. It would be a pain to open up the envelopes, but I could handle it since we don't do color envelopes very often. The one time I tried to print, I was sending them from the large capacity tray short edge feed and it wouldn't make it to the fuser before I got the red light. Am I supposed to feed them long edge feed then? Maybe I can try that today.

                          And NCRs haven't been a problem, thankfully. Our tech just said they weren't designed to run NCR, but if I can get them to, then go ahead.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by BobRym View Post
                            We are also a small digital shop and do a fair volume in envelopes and NCR - small runs - typically 250 - 500 at a time. We also have utilized a duplicator for this work in the past (Risograph) and have had 3 or 4 of these over the last 20 years. In the last 8 yrs. we have added a Risograph Ink Jet (ComColor) and have converted most of this type of work to it. We can number in our software (CorelDraw) with the added bonus of being able to print colour on all parts of an NCR job. We also utilize a Ricoh 7100 for colour production work (which we are very happy with) but do not use it for either envelopes or NCR because of the click charges we would incur. Ink cost of running on the ComColor is well under $0.01 per print for this type of work. The machine can be a little finicky when feeding different stocks but with some patience it will do the job. The Xante would be an alternate but as I've had no experience with one can't really comment on costs or reliability. The colour quality would be better on the Xante being a toner printer but our customers also find the quality on the ComColor acceptable for this type of work. Used ComColors are in the marketplace - might be worth taking a look at. Of course Riso would be more than willing to sell you a new one too!!
                            I am thinking since our volume is low, we will probably stick with a duplicator. Besides, I like them and they are to run prints. Even brand new, it'll be cheaper than a used ComColor or maybe slightly more expensive. If we ever get a numbers up, I would be interested in looking at something to replace the C5100s with a model that does a little more.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Pkova View Post

                              Yes this is the machine. It would be a pain to open up the envelopes, but I could handle it since we don't do color envelopes very often. The one time I tried to print, I was sending them from the large capacity tray short edge feed and it wouldn't make it to the fuser before I got the red light. Am I supposed to feed them long edge feed then? Maybe I can try that today.

                              And NCRs haven't been a problem, thankfully. Our tech just said they weren't designed to run NCR, but if I can get them to, then go ahead.
                              What size is the envelope? They normally need to be fed long edge feed with the flap open.
                              Warning I am a Ricoh tech.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by msaeger View Post

                                What size is the envelope? They normally need to be fed long edge feed with the flap open.
                                Mostly #10. The other day, I was having trouble just setting up the machine for that size. Needless to say, I was getting red lights.

                                Comment

                                Unconfigured Static HTML Module

                                Collapse

                                Static HTML Module Content
                                4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimateTharstern
                                CanonDuploStandard Finishing

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4744 users online. 112 members and 4632 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

                                Working...
                                X