Need a Machine for Small Volume Envelope Printing

Pkova

Hey there,

My name is Paul,

I have only been in the printing industry for about a year, but I love it, and I think I may have found my home.

We are looking for a new machine to replace our 10 year old Lanier duplicator. It's a nice machine but it's showing its age.

We are going to replace it. Possibly with a RISO SF5450 duplicator. But another option that just came about is a Xante Enpress. I like that it's versatile, compared to a duplicator, and that it is able to do some higher volume envelope printing as well as NCR.

As for volume, we probably average about 4,000 envelopes per month. (We are a small shop in a small town.) So it doesn't seem reasonable to get a dedicated envelope machine unless it was cheap. I like the duplicator for for its ability to do envelopes, as well as NCR, flyers, etc. And I appreciate it's efficiency, especially when needed!

As far as NCR, sometimes we number them, but not always, and I believe the Xante Enpress is able to number. That'd be a nice feature, but I number from InDesign, so it's not a huge deal.

Was trying to look for reviews on the Enpress but since it's fairly new, I haven't found anything.

Any thoughts, tips, or suggestions?

I have a Xante Impressia for sale, with very low impressions on it. This machine can do anything up to 12 x 18, including envelopes, letterheads, ncr forms, panel cards...you name it. I have actually printed 130# cover stock on it before.

I used to work for a company that is now closed down. I went to work for a new company that needed some new equipment. The deal was that we had to take everything and not just what we wanted. My new company has no future plans to use this machine (which IS a bummer), so they have entrusted me to sell it. I am the only one who has run this machine, and know it inside and out.

Steve

I have a Xante Impressia for sale, with very low impressions on it. This machine can do anything up to 12 x 18, including envelopes, letterheads, ncr forms, panel cards...you name it. I have actually printed 130# cover stock on it before.

Although I have never owned a Xante Impressia, I have had a demo of one. I was impressed (no pun intended).
I believe it is built around a RICOH Aficio SP series printer.
I've had two of these printers over the last 10 years.
They are absolutely rock solid!

That is exactly what I have. It's an excellent machine. I just wish my new employer would use it. I have replaced the feed rollers (3) and have an extra set. Once replaced 3 years ago. It DOES need a new fuser (costs $399) from Xante. Easy install. Other than that, the machine is mint.

Thanks for the replies. Like I said, we are a very small market and don't do much business outside the county, especially envelopes. I think the duplicator will be fine. People don't seem to care about the quality.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. Like I said, we are a very small market and don't do much business outside the county, especially envelopes. I think the duplicator will be fine. People don't seem to care about the quality.

I would love those customers

I would love those customers

Ha. They do exist in certain realms.

Beside our production printer, we also have a Lanier LD655c. I wonder if we could get a machine that would replace both the duplicator and it that would do envelopes and quicker printing/copying. We need it to do NCR as well. So without trying to sell me any products on here and since we have our own sales people. does anyone have any more suggestions?

Don't know what your production printer is but you can check out the Xerox Versant threads, people use them for envelopes and everything else.

Don't know what your production printer is but you can check out the Xerox Versant threads, people use them for envelopes and everything else.

Our production printer is Lanier C5100s. I can't get it do envelopes. It is supposed to be unable to do NCR, but I run NCR through it without a problem. The only time I run NCR through it is when I need to number the forms; otherwise, I run NCR through the duplicator.

Forgot Lanier = Ricoh, check into the new Ricoh 7200 I have heard it can do envelopes better than the 7100.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back