Collapse
Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by msaeger View Post

What kinds of jobs do you run on over 700mm? I am just curious. I was having people wanting 27.5 inchs to do tri-fold brochures. You can do longer from the bypass tray but that tray only officially does 80# cover and I don't think you would want to do a ton through there.

On the 9200 you can calibrate on demand with the inline sensor and it also supports auto color correction during a run if you enable it and you can have it print register marks if you have space to do the image position correcting during the job. The 7200 only does registration and calibration with the inline sensor.
    You can only feed one at a time through bypass tray on 9200 and only to 216 gsm. The Iridesse will do full coverage at 1200mm with 30 sheets at a time, if you want, up to 400gsm, how many jobs at this size? Well already can think of a few in the education space, and taking a lot off our roland wideformat using gold and silver to embellish posters, a local packaging company wants to use it for special packaging using 400 gsm thickness.

The whole idea in the digital printing these days is to offer the high quality standard printing plus MORE to attract customers and keep your regular ones. Using a 1200mm sheet opens lots of different advantages.

Why would Ricoh offer a option to production print a 1200mm sheet unless they Knew customers would want to do it ?

The demonstrator didn't use the online color calibration on the 9200 because he said for both 9200 and 7200 calibration through the RIP with the spectro is more actuate.

The other thing they mention was not to use the HDMI cables to connect between the RIP and machine, because to reboot the machine you then have to wait for the RIP to reboot. But as i remember the HDMI cables give higher Resolution when sending the signal of the rip image to the machines VSEL board. Weird.

WARNING I have been Digital printing since 92, seen almost every type of digital machine and had to try and fix a few myself !

Comment

The Iridesse is definitely geared towards more volume than the 7200 series. They compete against the Versant.

With the Ricoh you can run greater than 80# gloss cover up to 27 inches unlike the Versant. Though you can lie to the Versant and get 100# cover to work pretty well.
      Last edited by kdw75; 08-06-2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

I've been offered a Ricoh on contract, could anyone tell me what the 'percentage of color coverage' typically is? They're stating 30% which seems way too low when my work is predominantly image heavy!

Comment

Originally posted by dagoof View Post
          I've been offered a Ricoh on contract, could anyone tell me what the 'percentage of color coverage' typically is? They're stating 30% which seems way too low when my work is predominantly image heavy!
          What is stating a coverage percentage? Is the contract specifing something about coverage?
          Warning I am a Ricoh tech.

Comment

Yes, contract states monthly volume, SRA3/4 ratios, as well as stating 30% colour coverage.

Comment

Yes, contract states monthly volume, SRA3/4 ratios, as well as stating 30% colour coverage.
              dagoof this is interesting. I'd be curious to see the verbiage in the full context. Is the text about ratios and % of coverage on the back of the contract in the paragraphs of small print, or is it listed on the front page near your cost per copy?

I used to sell printing equipment, and the only commitments we did, which was rare, was a minimum volume requirement. And that was only when they wanted to negotiate a very low CPC, we would ask them to commit to at least 100,000 prints which they would be charged for even if they didn't hit that volume. However, in recent years, the idea of volume commitments faded off because shops had such fluctuating volumes and they would just pay for the prints they did. Same for sheet sizes. Long ago, it was common to be charged a 'double click' for 11x17 and larger, but these days its usually just a single click for any size other than banner mode.

Perhaps what you're reading is some generic verbiage they are using to cover themselves in case you seem to be ordering more toner than the average shop based on that volume. It's an unfortunate thing that some people will abuse the freedom to order toner on their service contract and sell it on ebay to people who don't have contracts. While much of your work may have some heavy coverage, you very likely also have work that has text on a white background and this will average out your coverage.

I don't know what you're buying and what your exact situation is that lead them to put this, but I'd ask for a service contract without any volume, sheet size, or coverage commitments. This could/will come back to bite you if you don't do it now. You could very easily get a competitive quote from Canon, Xerox, or Konica Minolta to help push them toward what you want.

Comment

jwheeler Half a year ago, after seeing the Ricoh C7200 in a presentation, a local seller offered us the basic model, in wich the cost per click was higher than in the Versant 80 we already owned, with a very high price on the machine, higher than the cost of the Versant and, in addition, with a minimum of 10.000 clicks and a coverage not exceeding 10%.

Obviously we decline the "offer" and now, we have two Versant 80.

Comment

Never heard of that type for sale here are you in the usa? I only see so much per page and it could be one click for any size or one for each letter size. Some have minimums some don't. I remember talk of different rates depending on coverage years ago but nothing became of it here anyway.
                  Warning I am a Ricoh tech.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. It's fairly evident in the middle of the contract (as prominent as any of the other details). I'm in Europe but no-one else I've spoken with had such coverage restraints. Strikes me as a little sneaky...

Comment

dagoof I don't know how Ricoh works in your country, but here in Spain each seller has their own manteinance service, at least in my region, so there could be differences between each one, try to contact another local seller.

Comment

CanonKBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploEnfocusXerox

Free Download

Collapse

Trade Show Survey=
                      Instant October Trade Show Survey
                      Come On! Only 5 Questions

PRINT 19 and PRINTING United are squaring off in October.
                      Will you be at one of them?
                      Both? Neither?
                      Please take our 1-Minute survey to tell us about your plans for the two big fall shows!

Take The Survey.

CanonSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploXerox

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4427 users online. 89 members and 4338 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,855 at 12:33 PM on 06-06-2019.

Working...
                      X