Servicing used production equipment...?

Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing used production equipment...?

Thnking about my next equipment update. (Not doing anything now, just thinking out loud) I can but a lightly used heavy duty production machine for 1/3rd the price of new. But, I don't think Ricoh would service the machine. Where would one get service on a machine like this?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202445056692

We service Konica's all day... as long as you can get service manuals and parts/consumables.... and having a tech who will help when you need it. Ricoh may provide service off contract....

Comment

I'll do all services for my Konica C6500-7000 series. Parts, consumables and repairing tips easily available. Affordable to print also.

Comment

Yeah, there is no way I can do the service myself.

Comment

Buying 3rd party and asking an OEM to give you a service contract for it usually involves them "re-certifying" the machine. Essentially, bringing it up to serviceable standards. They would replace wear items and anything else they deem necessary at your expense. Our experience has been that this rarely yields any significant savings.

Comment

As stated above, there would normally be some kind of billable inspection/service before a contract could be placed on it. I would definitely reach out to Ricoh direct or your preferred Ricoh service provider and get their exact terms in writing before purchasing the machine. Its possible they could refuse to make a contract on it, but I suspect that because its a current device then it should be possible.

Comment

4OverDuploCanonKBATharsternAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)

Presswise Article

Collapse

Automated Order Status Tracking
            In PressWise Workflow Solution

Presswise order status
            Quick overview of the order status tracking feature on PressWise’s automated workflow solution

Link to Video

CanonDuploXeroxTharsternSmartsoft (Presswise)

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4302 users online. 86 members and 4216 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,611 at 11:23 AM on 02-27-2019.

Working...
            X