Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face Up and face down efficiency

So here is my question. So on average if you print something face up does it run straight through or does it have to flip it once more so that it is face up? Because if it has to flip it once more then there is a higher risk of jams.

Originally posted by Kyle Arn View Post
    So here is my question. So on average if you print something face up does it run straight through or does it have to flip it once more so that it is face up? Because if it has to flip it once more then there is a higher risk of jams.
    Straight through. Most efficient. Less jams.

Face up master race reporting in.

Comment

Yes I have answers my own question by a series of experiments. Face Up will run straight through therefore less jams.

Comment

Yes I have answers my own question by a series of experiments. Face Up will run straight through therefore less jams.
        Welcome to the club.

#FaceDownFakeNews #YesAllFaceUp #DontLetThemKeepUsFaceDown

Comment

It will depend on the printer. Some machines face down is straight through.
          Warning I am a Ricoh tech.

Comment

Originally posted by msaeger View Post
            It will depend on the printer. Some machines face down is straight through.
            If your a Ricoh tech then I have a Pro 8120 Se. Does it run straight through if it prints face up?

Comment

I think my canons flip it twice for one sided face up exit. but it also de-curls it better so less jams.

Comment

If your a Ricoh tech then I have a Pro 8120 Se. Does it run straight through if it prints face up?
                On all of the Ricoh stuff they sell as production face up is straight through. I have worked on some kodak and on those face down is straight through.
                Warning I am a Ricoh tech.

Comment

No idea if it's true, but I heard from one of my machine tech's that the whole Fiery defaulting to face-down printing came more from the office side of things. Law firms, hospitals, and businesses that deal with privacy issues wanted things face down just for privacy sake, so that became the default.

We have two Xerox machines - Face up is straight through on the Colorpress, but face up takes an extra flip on the iGen.

Comment

4OverCanonKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)Duplo

Automation Article

Collapse

Avanti
                  Why Would You Ever Want To Automate?
                  It seems far too complex, costs money, involves a lot of people, will take time etc etc. And then you run out of excuses. Read the article.

CanonXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)Duplo

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5903 users online. 97 members and 5806 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,611 at 11:23 AM on 02-27-2019.

Working...
                  X