Face Up and face down efficiency

Kyle Arn

So here is my question. So on average if you print something face up does it run straight through or does it have to flip it once more so that it is face up? Because if it has to flip it once more then there is a higher risk of jams.

So here is my question. So on average if you print something face up does it run straight through or does it have to flip it once more so that it is face up? Because if it has to flip it once more then there is a higher risk of jams.

Straight through. Most efficient. Less jams.

Face up master race reporting in.

Yes I have answers my own question by a series of experiments. Face Up will run straight through therefore less jams.

I think my canons flip it twice for one sided face up exit. but it also de-curls it better so less jams.

If your a Ricoh tech then I have a Pro 8120 Se. Does it run straight through if it prints face up?

On all of the Ricoh stuff they sell as production face up is straight through. I have worked on some kodak and on those face down is straight through.

No idea if it's true, but I heard from one of my machine tech's that the whole Fiery defaulting to face-down printing came more from the office side of things. Law firms, hospitals, and businesses that deal with privacy issues wanted things face down just for privacy sake, so that became the default.

We have two Xerox machines - Face up is straight through on the Colorpress, but face up takes an extra flip on the iGen.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back