fuji Xerox V80 v V2100

BigSi

Hi there. Xerox sales rep wants to upgrade me from my V80 to an V2100. Obviously going to cost me a bit more (monthly repayments) click rate is the same. So the only advantage is a better machine.
I realise its a bit faster and can duplex thicker stock. Apart from these two factors is it going to be a huge upgrade? the Xerox rep is saying they are like night and day (as he would) but is it really that much better?
Will I notice a improvement in registration? rolling solids? less paper jams? I know these two machines share a lot of common parts.

Your thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks Simon.

I don’t think you gain anything in image quality. You should get more automation with the full width array though. Makes registration a breeze. I’d ask why not upgrade to a V180? Take advantage of the new finishers they have. We have the 2 sided trimmer and new booklet maker on a V3100 and I gotta tell ya, making full bleed squarefolded booklets at almost rated speed sure is nice. And you can get up to 25 sheets of coated stock for a booklet. And it looks good. I routinely produce 92-96 page booklets, 80# GC with 80# GT and the machine runs like a champ through it. Just finished up a job that was 30k duplexed 12x18 120# gloss cover and don’t even think I had a jam the whole run. Granted it’s a 3100 but the 180 is the same engine.

Hi Alex. thanks for your input. In one word. COST. (I'm only a very small printer) also I have got access to offline finishing at a very good rate. A local printer has some Duplo gear that is very under used.
The economic storm clouds are on the horizon.
thanks again.

I would be surprised if its a night and day improvement, but I'd ask for a live demo if you are seriously considering it.

With all that said, I've very recently been demoing KM C6100 and Ricoh 7210/9200. If you are truly in the market for a faster machine that can run thicker stock, is better quality, has night and day better registration, is significantly cheaper, has lower click costs...I recommend spending some time with those machines. The Ricoh especially, registers better than I've seen out of any digital machine. I've not ran a V80 but we have a couple J75s, and I know a lot of their weak points. I also know another company that recently switched out a 3 year old V80 for a Ricoh 7110 (previous gen even) and is much happier.

I would be surprised if its a night and day improvement, but I'd ask for a live demo if you are seriously considering it.

With all that said, I've very recently been demoing KM C6100 and Ricoh 7210/9200. If you are truly in the market for a faster machine that can run thicker stock, is better quality, has night and day better registration, is significantly cheaper, has lower click costs...I recommend spending some time with those machines. The Ricoh especially, registers better than I've seen out of any digital machine. I've not ran a V80 but we have a couple J75s, and I know a lot of their weak points. I also know another company that recently switched out a 3 year old V80 for a Ricoh 7110 (previous gen even) and is much happier.

I had a J75 which we upgraded to a V180P with basically all the bells and whistles for finishing attachments. Super impressed with the machine. Have not noticed any downsides so far. Which is great considering we know the J75 had some faults. However, the J75 was my baby and helped me jump through many hoops-a-flaming. She is fondly remembered.

You should really check the machine out...

I had a J75 which we upgraded to a V180P with basically all the bells and whistles for finishing attachments. Super impressed with the machine. Have not noticed any downsides so far. Which is great considering we know the J75 had some faults. However, the J75 was my baby and helped me jump through many hoops-a-flaming. She is fondly remembered.

You should really check the machine out...

Not to veer too far OT. Our J75s are okay, but I don't think they will be fondly remembered here. ;-)

Thanks guys. Yes I made the jump up from a Xerox 700 (which I still have) to my V80 about 3 years ago and noticed a huge difference, I'll be surprised if the improvement will be as good between the V80 and the V2100 especially since the V80 and V2100 are the same generation.

I'd like to stay with Xerox as there service is not two bad (sometimes the devil you know) I here very mixed reports around here (Auckland) regarding the other big three. Everyone has there opinion!, Some printers say the exact opposite. Having said that I've always found I need some sort of backup machine so I can still get that very urgent job out. Hence having both the old 700 and V80.

As a side I here a rumour that the 700s will be coming off FMSC soon. (they are about 10 years old).

thanks. Simon

We've a v80 and I asked a tech once about comparing it to 2100 and if I remember right he mentioned extra temp sensors and extra correctional rollers so you it can adjust the sheets more precisely.

anyone know if the finishing units are the same. I've always found the v80 finisher poor, I do most offline.

Hi Alex. thanks for your input. In one word. COST. (I'm only a very small printer) also I have got access to offline finishing at a very good rate. A local printer has some Duplo gear that is very under used.
The economic storm clouds are on the horizon.
thanks again.

I’d be surprised if there was a huge difference between a lease on a 2100 and a V180. I feel like with the V2100 being 1 gen old and the V180 being a smaller machine they’d be similar in price.

We have a 2100 and a printer up the street has a 180. Print quality is the same. Unless you need the speed, the 2100 probably isn't worth the cost.

Hi Kdw, No I'm comparing the v2100 to the V80 not the 180. Regarding cost the 2100 is coming in quite a bit cheaper than the 180. Probarly more a case of the local Xerox branch has a trade in 2100 in stock that they want to move and a buyer for my V80 rather than there being a big difference in the list price.
ta Simon

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back