Xerox 700 print quality problem has technician stumped!

Joe_Spine

Good morning - this is my first post here and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My machine is a xerox 700 and is giving me the output you see below. Colors black and yellow are perfect, so it is not a problem with all colors. As you can see, magenta and cyan are bad. I changed both the magenta and cyan drum cartridges with new ones, and installed new toner in each. The magenta developer was changed last November, so it is only a couple of months old. Any ideas where I should start? Thanks!

Attachments

• photo8448.jpg
    photo8448.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 459
  • photo8450.jpg
    photo8450.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 450
It looks like you possibly have bad developer Drive gears on the magenta and black. I would take out your magenta and black developer assembly and check the rear and see if the gears are getting stripped or they look worn

If you're on a service contract, try a different drum in the worst color. We've had bad drums right out of the box about a fifth of the time. Also, we had developer problems also. Ended up with new developer on all four colors over a summer, and cracks on two developer housings.

Have the 1st BTRs of the problem colors been replaced. Look like some kind of a transfer issue. If it only affecting certain colors I would looks at the transfer rollers that are on the other side of the transfer belt from the color drums.

usually it is the humidity problem, especially cyan color will having transfer problem, thats what happened to my xerox 700 before, try to use a custom paper profile with 150% paper transfer see if i will improve or not, and try to maintain the humidity level above 30% if you can.

Because it isn't in all colors, I would go with developer and or developer housing for those colors needing replaced. Being done in November doesn't really mean much... it is March now...how many impressions have you put on since then? We have a couple J75s (essentially a turbo 700), they are getting developer and developer housings with very high frequency. Its more about volume (and how picky you are) than time. And sometimes the parts they throw in are bad anyway.

Thank you all for the input. I never expected so many responses, this clearly must be a large and helpful community. I have ordered developer for cyan and magenta and I will start there. After that I will order two new developer housings if that doesn't solve the problem. I have had my machine for 5 years and have never changed any of the developer housings.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to help solve my issue. My guess is that the last time I changed the developer, the product must have been old or bad or expired. When we changed the developer today it looks great! Even the packaging for the developer was different which leads me to believe that someone just wanted to get rid of it.

I've had that happen before. We recently got some toners, and one package was the much larger box Xerox used to use several years ago. I've got to wonder how old it it.

yes - I am always weary when I cannot find a date stamped on the product. Sometimes it seems like they purposely place the shipping label on top of the date so you can't see how old it is!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back