How Many Clicks Does Your Machine Have?

Greetings, I see many Xerox users, actually I'm on a HP Indigo WS6600, actual counter is 4 million in 13 months of usage. Before I was on a HP Indigo 5500 with 6 years of heavy usage reaching 56 million clicks and a 5600 with 3 years of usage, reaching about 30 million clicks.

Greetings, I see many Xerox users, actually I'm on a HP Indigo WS6600, actual counter is 4 million in 13 months of usage. Before I was on a HP Indigo 5500 with 6 years of heavy usage reaching 56 million clicks and a 5600 with 3 years of usage, reaching about 30 million clicks.

Are those Indigo clicks supposed to be divided by 4? I know a traditional Indigo click is a single color, and can be separated into a black, cyan, magenta, yellow or specialty click charge depending upon which of those colors are being printed.

Are those Indigo clicks supposed to be divided by 4? I know a traditional Indigo click is a single color, and can be separated into a black, cyan, magenta, yellow or specialty click charge depending upon which of those colors are being printed.

It is as you're supposing, I don't know how clicks are managed on Xerox presses, but on Indigo, each click is a printed color separation, so you coould make the conversion, a year ago, I was learning to operate a Xerox iGen5. it is a really good press, I could see some differences of what I'm used on HP presses, both advantages and disadvantages. And there's where I knew that they manage a click counter too.

It is as you're supposing, I don't know how clicks are managed on Xerox presses, but on Indigo, each click is a printed color separation, so you coould make the conversion, a year ago, I was learning to operate a Xerox iGen5. it is a really good press, I could see some differences of what I'm used on HP presses, both advantages and disadvantages. And there's where I knew that they manage a click counter too.

A click for any other machine besides HP is a single side of a sheet going through the machine. There are CMYK clicks and K clicks. Basically when you have 1 million color clicks on a Xerox press it means you have run 1 million sides of CMYK impressions. The black clicks are a separate category. Banner sheets run as different amount of clicks but that is neither here nor there.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back