Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Konica Minolta C368 300 gsm capability

The specs say it can, but a dealer technician told us it printing on 300 gsm will damage the printer. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks

I found this about a higher end machine
    A forum to discuss digital printing issues including digital press technology, data-driven print strategy, and other related topics.

Comment

According to the brochure, the only paper tray that supports 300gsm is the manual bypass tray, and it won't automatically duplex it.

http://downloads.kmbs.us/books/irnk/#p=2

As it is at the end of the supported specification, my experience with other equipment suggests that sometimes quality, registration, and performance may not be optimal at the end of its range. As this is an office level printer, that supports what I am saying as well...though technically it can run 300gsm, its really designed to run plain paper more than anything. The customer expectations document should outline these limitations more specifically. I have to doubt that damaging the machine would actually occur, unless you are doing something deliberately abusive. If you are attempting to run within specification, and the technicians disagree with the spec, I would consult your sales rep.
      Last edited by ksherrod; 03-19-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ksherrod View Post
        According to the brochure, the only paper tray that supports 300gsm is the manual bypass tray, and it won't automatically duplex it.

http://downloads.kmbs.us/books/irnk/#p=2

As it is at the end of the supported specification, my experience with other equipment suggests that sometimes quality, registration, and performance may not be optimal at the end of its range. As this is an office level printer, that supports what I am saying as well...though technically it can run 300gsm, its really designed to run plain paper more than anything. The customer expectations document should outline these limitations more specifically. I have to doubt that damaging the machine would actually occur, unless you are doing something deliberately abusive. If you are attempting to run within specification, and the technicians disagree with the spec, I would consult your sales rep.
        OK, That was good advice. Thanks a lot

Comment

4OverCanonKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)Duplo

Free Download

Collapse

Avanti
        Before You Buy A Print MIS Read This - FREE Download Link To Download

CanonXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)Duplo4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4783 users online. 102 members and 4681 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,855 at 12:33 PM on 06-06-2019.

Working...
        X