Versant running carbonless 2nd BTR...

kdw75

We have a Versant 2100 and a C75. All of our carbonless work goes on the C75 because it seems to screw up the 2nd BTR on our Versant, always has since new. After running carbonless we get dirty backgrounds on coated sheets. We have tried 3 different brands of carbonless and while some brands don't do this until you run more sheets, they all pretty much wreck it. Our C75 can go back and forth without issue. We also have a lot of trouble with about a 1-inch wide faint streaking down the sheet quite often when we try to run Satin/Silk/Velvet sheets. It looks like someone drug toner laced nails down the sheet. The techs throw in 2nd BTRs every few weeks and say this is the nature of the Versant, but I think there must be something else causing this. Anyone else with a Versant experience either of these issues?

We run carbonless on our v80. Now we often have our btr replaced but that is the know fault with the v80, last few times we've got lucky and got a good 300k between changes but other times its been as low as 30k. I try and run digital versions as the non digital leaves too much dust on the feed rollers and I have to keep stopping it to clean them. Apart from that I've never had an issue with carbonless.
​​​​

It’s not just carbonless that will do this. Our 3100 requires a new BTR after longer runs of coated paper. Tech is fine with Just throwing a new one in. They haven’t been able to correct it from happening. It’s not the paper, it’s the coating on the paper that causes it.

It’s not just carbonless that will do this. Our 3100 requires a new BTR after longer runs of coated paper. Tech is fine with Just throwing a new one in. They haven’t been able to correct it from happening. It’s not the paper, it’s the coating on the paper that causes it.

Ok. Sure is odd that the C75 doesn't have this problem. I wonder if the 1000 has this.

We have the same issue with our Versant 80, the last time, Xerox send us 2nd BTR and I had to make the change, which is really easy.

A tech say us, the pulp from paper, specially if it has been cutted before use it (some small parts stays in the border of the paper) can cause this issue.

There is a new upgrade to 2nd BTR, but we have not try it.

The problem with the 2nd BTR is that they now use a "solid" roller where it used to be a softer rubber. Our techs have tried different modifications to it before installing each time, I thought they'd cracked it finally as our last two have lasted ages but they tech seemed to think it was more luck.

Our techs constantly blame silks particularly the Lumi brand. They say the problem is in Asia (where the machine is developed) they use considerably less coated stocks so the problem never arose in testing.

They tell us to wipe down the 2nd btr after using coated stocks and manually run the roller to clean it. I've never bothered.

They originally told me the V180 had been modified with stronger motors and brackets within the BTR which they were trying to backwards engineer into the V80 but the techs still say its happening in the V180.

Ok. Sure is odd that the C75 doesn't have this problem. I wonder if the 1000 has this.

No problems here on our 1000 - We don't do huge runs of NCR, but I've run a few thousand sheets at a time with no issues.
My techs usually groan if they happen to be here when I'm pulling the NCR out because they've seen various problems other places, but we've never had an issue. We do buy digital ready NCR though...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back