Fine cyan mist on Versant 3100 prints?

DYP

I have not seen this mentioned, but has anyone else with a Versant 3100 noticed this? We had the 2100 before and I don't think it did this. You have to really look close with a loop to see it. Even the engine prints show this. Tech tells me that is just the way they are. Doesn't really affect the look of prints but there are times I do notice it if you compare a printed side with a unprinted side. Makes it look like the white point of the paper is slightly cooler.

Maybe best to try and see if they really all do that. Ask for a print sample from a demo model and see if you see the same thing. If their demo machine does not do this then I would ask for a different tech to look into this and get it resolved. I am sure someone will speak up though who has one. We certainly do not have anything like that with our 2100. Does not sound normal.

I was planing on talking this to second level but first I wanted to get some input here to see if others with a 3100 are seeing this.

I was planing on talking this to second level but first I wanted to get some input here to see if others with a 3100 are seeing this.

Are you talking about a printer signature? I've seen the same on an older Xerox machine we have, but it uses yellow dots instead. I use it as a way to see if the sheet was printed in color or not. It does not appear if we print in B&W. I think our J75 had it to, but it was much more faint.

No there are still very random yellow dots (printer signature). The Cyan is like a very fine mist of dots which is almost impossible to see which is why I have pretty much just overlooked it. You can only see them with a loupe unless maybe somebody has really, really good eyesight.

Is this under Xerox service? Sounds like a possible voltage bias issue with the cyan developer housing or a dirty cyan laser.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back