need advice: xerox c60 vs xanté en/press

brahim

Hello everyone,
I am creating my own business specializing in digital printing, to make business cards, flyers, envelopes ....... so I am looking for digital presses, I have 02 choices between:
xerox c60 (without finishing kits) and xanté in / press without the feeder system.
so what do you advise me ..... thank you in advance.

We have an EnPress with about 300,000 on it, we only print envelopes on it. Started off strong, then took a hard crap. We have put 5 feeder doors on it (under warranty) due to a crappy plastic stud that holds the feeder wheel return spring which snaps off. Drums do not last near the life span stated, we are fighting with them on that now. The developer gets piled up in the center of the drum and spills out onto the sheet.

Honestly if I were you I would farm out the printing with a local printer you can trust to build up your business. Once you get cash coming in then go for the equipment purchase. Much cheaper than trying to buy an office printer and building a business around it. Don't forget to build that business you will need finishing equipment too. Most importantly a good cutter for the business cards. Another thought would be partner with a shop that will just run the press sheets and you do the finishing in house.

Out of those 2 choices, I'd suggest the Xerox C60. As your business grows, you'll want more options such as a high capacity drawer, a stacker/finisher, booklet maker, etc. You can add these to the Xerox over time. The Xante does not offer any finishing accessories.

I actually have both, the impressia has a little over 3 million on it, that's why we bought the Enpress to take the load off the impressia.

Do you have trouble with the Enpress? Just curious because I remember you posing about having the Impressa. My experience with those two machines is they seem touchy about how you load the envelopes but when you get it right it runs really good.

Do you have trouble with the Enpress? Just curious because I remember you posing about having the Impressa. My experience with those two machines is they seem touchy about how you load the envelopes but when you get it right it runs really good.

The issues isn't when feeding, it's the drums right now. There seems to be an issue with the developer piling up in the center and overflowing the cleaning blade causing it to spill on the envelope. When it happens Xante will ask for pictures before they do anything then when the drums come you need to make sure they are flat and let them "rest" (as if the traveling via UPS tired them out) shake them back and forth many times, turn some god awful white gear a few times, then install. Only to have it happen all over again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back