Ricoh Pro c7100sx

When finishing for example a 24 pp a5 booklet 300 gsm cover 150 gsm text we are getting cracking down the spine, finished om a morgana. Also for example when cutting 400 gsm business cards the cards split around the outside even with a new blade.

Using different stocks will sort the problem but am sure you guys will have fix. I have been told a higher or lower temperature will sort the problems but so far this has not worked.

Also uk operators what silk stock are you using as suppliers at the moment seem to be running out very quickly..The Brexit effect perhaps.

The paper is crap these days. We had to go to a high-dollar sheet to perfect bind a silk or gloss book or do a bleed business card. The affordable stuff just shredded in the grinder and fell apart on the cut edges. It didn't do well on folds either unless you put a heavy score on it.

When finishing for example a 24 pp a5 booklet 300 gsm cover 150 gsm text we are getting cracking down the spine, finished om a morgana. Also for example when cutting 400 gsm business cards the cards split around the outside even with a new blade.

Using different stocks will sort the problem but am sure you guys will have fix. I have been told a higher or lower temperature will sort the problems but so far this has not worked.

Also uk operators what silk stock are you using as suppliers at the moment seem to be running out very quickly..The Brexit effect perhaps.

I've had a couple of 7100/7200 customers tell me that Invercote CreatoC2S does a nice job of folding without cracking.

Sounds like a grain direction issue on the booklets to me. Are you using 300gsm with a grain running with the spine? We run a Ricoh Pro C5200, so the baby brother of your machine, and grain direction is very important on booklets.

With the business cards, it's probably down to the stock you use. We run 400gsm, and although that is above the spec of the machine (which does not help), some stocks are better than others. We find Novatech Digital Silk 400gsm from Antalis works well for us.

On the whole, I find the Ricoh a very good machine, so much better than the Xerox machines we used to run.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back