Lease & Print Charge Price Comparison

openletter

I'm curious to see what others are paying on their lease and their print charges. I'm not sure if mine are high or low but here they are:

Xerox V180 with V180EFI
60 month lease - $805.31

B&W Impression (all sizes) - 0.009
Color Impressions (legal size and under) - 0.036
Color Oversized (11x17) - 0.039
Color Extra Long (over 17" long) - 0.071

All pricing is fixed for the full term.

IMG_8888 copy.jpg

Last edited:
I think it would help if you included what accessories you have included on the lease. Also, which paper deck(s)? A basic configuration with only the standard finisher and bypass tray can vary drastically from a system with all the bells and whistles.

openletter , thanks for sharing. I'm sure this will help people when comparing. Everything is an option...you could just have a bypass tray on the feed side and a catch tray on the other. And/or a single high capacity tray, but you have the 2 high cap trays and bypass tray. The decurler after the engine is an optional upgrade. Even the finisher is important to note if you have the booklet maker or not...everything adds a little to the lease cost. It looks from the photo that the trashcan is pretty close to the finisher, so I'm guessing no bookletmaker. Lastly, you mentioned the Fiery...there are actually two Fiery controllers available, the EX180 and the EX-i 180, which have a significant cost difference. Lastly, there is a "Performance Package" upgrade which makes the press hold the same speed even on thicker stocks.

Hopefully when people share their pricing, they share their configuration so you know if it's apples to apples or not.

I do know that your CPC pricing is right around the average.

Last edited:
jwheeler awesome! Thank you so much for the feedback.

I have the EX-I 180 fiery.
No performance package
No booklet maker

Our volume is now more than the machine can keep up with so I'm trying to figure out if we should return this one for the 3100 or get another V180. Any thoughts on what you would do?

jwheeler
Our volume is now more than the machine can keep up with so I'm trying to figure out if we should return this one for the 3100 or get another V180. Any thoughts on what you would do?

If this one is still working well, I would definitely get another V180. The 3100 is only 20ppm faster and will not dramatically increase your production capabilities. Having two 180's give you 160ppm of total output and now you have redundancy to run multiple jobs at once, or a backup in case one machine is down for service.

Make sure to ask for a pooled service contract so you have the exact same click rates on both machines. This way, you won't find yourself over-using one machine simply because it has a lower click rate.

jwheeler excellent insight! Thank you.

I'm assuming there is also room to negotiate a better click charge now that my volume has increased as well?

We are switching from Xerox to Ricoh. If Xerox had given us your click rates and comparable lease rates, we would have stuck with them, but we were paying 3 times that for a 2100 and higher click charges to boot.

I would say you have a good deal. I would be amazed if you could get a better click rate. The best I have ever seen is 3.6 cents on 13x19

Last edited:
We are switching from Xerox to Ricoh. If Xerox had given us your click rates and comparable lease rates, we would have stuck with them, but we were paying 3 times that for a 2100 and higher click charges to boot.

I would say you have a good deal. I would be amazed if you could get a better click rate. The best I have ever seen is 3.6 cents on 13x19

Seconded. This is a pretty good rate in my opinion. Not really sure how to compare the lease payment elements, but I have a feeling that your payment is a bit high given the amount of add-ons you have and the DFE specs.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back