Printing advice please

Hi everyone I’m new here in the search of printing experts... I run a small (diaryplanner) personalised business printing with one main product which is my own. It’s an oversized a5 144 pages duplex colour throughout. I need to upscale - I need to buy new/refurb machinery. Currently living of a few Epson wf c5710’s but need faster higher volume.

I also bind the product using a 4:1 punch (manual) as I spiral bind so I’m looking for a refurb high capacity binding machine.

Can anyone one help me out with what to get and do I have to have them on lease to get the service cover? I’ve spoke to so many main dealer reps all selling me on the lease package but cost per print is much higher than what I’m getting now - is rather get my own supplies somehow to reduce my cost per print.

I also need to source cheaper paper and have zero contacts in the print industry 120gsm white paper a4

I get through a lot! I hope someone can help me out in any way - I’m sure you are all experts! Many thanks Andrea :)

[email protected]

What sort of volume (in terms of individual sheets printed, not number of books) are you doing now and what volume do you expect you will be increasing to soon? Do you run the books as sheets already cut to A5 1up, or do you run 2up on A4, or 4up on A3 and then cut afterwards?

You do not have to buy them on lease to get a service contract... well we didn't. Our first digital was a used one we bought directly from Xerox. They offered use service contract, we bought it outright. We have since bought all previous digital presses outright and had service contracts with them.

That being said it could be a regional thing. We are in SW Ontario, not sure how they operate in other countries.

What is your budget for a new printer? Make the sales people work and contact all the big guys Xerox, Ricoh, Canon, Kodak. Do not keep it secret that you are shopping all the brands, they are there to make money from you, they can work for it.

If you give your area you might find people who can help with suppliers who carry a wide range of paper stock.

You do not have to buy them on lease to get a service contract... well we didn't. Our first digital was a used one we bought directly from Xerox. They offered use service contract, we bought it outright. We have since bought all previous digital presses outright and had service contracts with them.

That being said it could be a regional thing. We are in SW Ontario, not sure how they operate in other countries.

What is your budget for a new printer? Make the sales people work and contact all the big guys Xerox, Ricoh, Canon, Kodak. Do not keep it secret that you are shopping all the brands, they are there to make money from you, they can work for it.

If you give your area you might find people who can help with suppliers who carry a wide range of paper stock.

Thank-you for this I will amend to say I’m in England Thankyou :) yes I will recontact all the big guys too

What sort of volume (in terms of individual sheets printed, not number of books) are you doing now and what volume do you expect you will be increasing to soon? Do you run the books as sheets already cut to A5 1up, or do you run 2up on A4, or 4up on A3 and then cut afterwards?

Thankyou so much for getting back to me, I have responded to your email now

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back