Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazarusLeo
    replied
    Command Workstation (CWS), a print management tool, is basically a print agent for your print jobs. It has three levels of access: administrator, operator, and guest. Ideal for people who manage printing on one or more Fiery print servers " very tiny text", regardless of the engine brand - Canon, Ricoh, Konica Minolta, name it if you have Fiery, you can use CWS.

Leave a comment:

• wonderings
    replied
    Originally posted by Shawnd View Post

Thought you got it to work, here is how I do it: https://printplanet.com/forum/digita...839#post274839
    yikes, you can tell how often I do these types of variable jobs, I completely forgot about this. Thanks for the reminder, going to make sure I remember this for next time.

Leave a comment:

• AC Prepress
    replied
    Originally posted by Shawnd View Post

Thought you got it to work, here is how I do it: https://printplanet.com/forum/digita...839#post274839
    Yes. It worked just great with gregbatch's VDP step by step.

Leave a comment:

• namelessentity
    replied
    Originally posted by AC Prepress View Post

Wouldn't that create a file that's twice as big and take twice as long to RIP?
    Yes, it's not ideal, but it's faster than the method he described is all. I wouldn't recommend it unless nothing else is working.

Leave a comment:

• Shawnd
    replied
    Originally posted by wonderings View Post
    I had this same question a few months back and found no solution. Had to make my merged data 2 sided and go through that way unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• AC Prepress
    replied
    Originally posted by namelessentity View Post

Holy crap that's a really difficult way to do an easy task.. Just make a static side and make it the same number of sheets as your VDP, then go to edit > collate and merge them.
    Wouldn't that create a file that's twice as big and take twice as long to RIP?

Leave a comment:

• PricelineNegotiator
    replied
    Originally posted by namelessentity View Post

Holy crap that's a really difficult way to do an easy task.. Just make a static side and make it the same number of sheets as your VDP, then go to edit > collate and merge them.
    I'd probably program it through Acrobat on the first try to be truthful.

Leave a comment:

• namelessentity
    replied
    Originally posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post
    I know a quick and dirty way of doing it in Acrobat, though. Copy your backside PDF (1 page) into a folder 2,400 times so that you have 2,400 PDF's of the same image. Then combine them all into a single PDF and name it the same as the 2,400 unique page PDF, in a separate folder. Then extract the pages into separate documents, keeping them in their own folders. You will end up with 2,400 PDF's that are named the same, but are of course different pages. Copy the backside PDF's into your unique PDF folder - Windows will prompt you to rename them or not copy - choose rename. The renaming function will produce a set of 4,800 PDF's in the same folder, looking like unique 1, unique 1 (1), unique 2, unique 2 (1), unique 3, unique 3 (1), etc etc etc. If you combine all of these files you will get the file you want.

However, I am sure there is a way to write a function to insert backside page between every sheet. That may be more worthwhile to explore if this occurs more than a few times per year.

Jobmaster might be capable of helping you with this.

Leave a comment:

• gregbatch
    replied
    I merge 50k - 150k records, so I do everything possible to keep my merge stream small. I put as much of the base art on side 1 that I can. Even if there are a bunch of merge fields floating the text, I try to get any graphic elements that don't float on the master because they can really jam up the merge.

Leave a comment:

• AC Prepress
    replied
    Originally posted by gregbatch View Post
    Very easy. Make a file for your master with page 1 blank and common back as page 2. Create your master as usual in CW. Your variable file is all fronts. No need for a back page. In CW for your variable file go to VDP, select your master, check "Enable enhanced FreeForm" and then click "Define Mapping". Variable pages per record = 1. Total pages per record = 2. Click continue. Below in Mapping & Order: 1 = variable page 1, master page 1; 2 = no variable, master page 2. You are ready to roll.
    I got this to work. Thanks for the tip!

Leave a comment:

• bill kahny
    replied
    Originally posted by gregbatch View Post
    Very easy. Make a file for your master with page 1 blank and common back as page 2. Create your master as usual in CW. Your variable file is all fronts. No need for a back page. In CW for your variable file go to VDP, select your master, check "Enable enhanced FreeForm" and then click "Define Mapping". Variable pages per record = 1. Total pages per record = 2. Click continue. Below in Mapping & Order: 1 = variable page 1, master page 1; 2 = no variable, master page 2. You are ready to roll.
    I (unsuccessfully) tried this months ago, and will retry following these steps. once it works, Making these your default settings should make printing the files as easy as a right click.

Leave a comment:

• wonderings
    replied
    I had this same question a few months back and found no solution. Had to make my merged data 2 sided and go through that way unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• Stickman42
    replied
    Originally posted by gsbatch View Post

True, but why try refeeding sheets full of static when you can do it in one pass.
    I run this type of project rarely. While the recommended procedures above work, they're a little cumbersome to enact IMHO. I've run my sheets through a second time every time without any static/feeding problems.

Leave a comment:

• gsbatch
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickman42 View Post
    How about printing 2400 copies of the back side first then re-running them through dropping on the variable fronts?
    True, but why try refeeding sheets full of static when you can do it in one pass.

Leave a comment:

• Stickman42
    replied
    How about printing 2400 copies of the back side first then re-running them through dropping on the variable fronts?

Leave a comment:

CanonKBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploEnfocusXerox4Over

Canon Embellishment White Paper

Collapse

Print Embellishment Goes
Straight To The Bottom Line

InfoTrends reported that interviews with more than 100 print customers demonstrated an appetite and willingness to pay premiums of 24% to 89% for special effects, over CMYK-only printing. They also indicated embellishment could apply to a significant portion of their work. Embellishment options can include hot foil stamping, spot gloss UV, embossing, debossing, letterpress, diecut shapes, lamination, duplex, triplex, gold foil, silver foil, copper foil, white foil, black foil, clear foil, etching, and laser cutting techniques. Download The Free White Paper.

CanonXerox

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6121 users online. 94 members and 6027 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,745 at 04:03 PM on 10-10-2019.

Working...
X