Xerox Versant 3100 High Cap Stacker

Inkscape Print

We are having issues with the high cap stacker on our 3100. Tech says it comes from the tray being loaded to high which makes the belt jump and puts the tray at a slight angle. The tray coming down at an angle busts the sensor. The Versant 80 we had used to not load the stacker tray as high. I am sure there is a setting somewhere that tells the machine to only load xx sheets of 13x19 coated paper in the stacker before unloading. Does someone know how to do that?

I would imagine that the stopping is not dependent on a calculation of sheet height but rather a sensor indicating the stack is too high. You may want to start with the sensor.

We are having issues with the high cap stacker on our 3100. Tech says it comes from the tray being loaded to high which makes the belt jump and puts the tray at a slight angle. The tray coming down at an angle busts the sensor. The Versant 80 we had used to not load the stacker tray as high. I am sure there is a setting somewhere that tells the machine to only load xx sheets of 13x19 coated paper in the stacker before unloading. Does someone know how to do that?

We couldn't justify the Stacker on our 2100 because of the cost, but on our Ricoh it automatically shuts off when full, but you can also configure it to stop before it is full. So I would imagine that you could do this on the Versant, but it may be something only available in service mode if you can't find it while logged in as administrator.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back