adhesives not sticking to our Xerox iGen 150 prints

KCrom

We own an iGen 150, which does use fuser oil.
Ever since we’ve had it(since 2012) we’ve known about issues with sticking things to the output(labels, double sided tape, stamps, etc) and we’ve always had to wait at least 24 hours for the fuser oil to dissipate/evaporate from the sheet before we can stick stuff to it.
Now, in the last couple weeks we’ve started having jobs that adhesives won’t stick to even after days of waiting.
First it was double sided tape we were using on some table tents, and now our outside tab converting vendor cannot get their edge reinforcement (cold adhesive) and clear mylar for the tabs to stick to it. They’ve had the sheets there for a week and it still won’t stick.
Nothing has changed in our production – same machine(iGen) and the same stock(brand and weight) is being used.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues, and if so, was there anything you did that fixed it?

Kelly Crom

The MPX Group

We have used Fuser II since the day it was installed.
My confusion is why suddenly has it become an issue? We’ve always been able to stick stuff on after we’ve let it sit for a day or 2, but now 2 jobs in 2 weeks nothing will stick(permanently). One of them was even on a coated stock, which has usually not been an issue.

I recently sent out a job to a 150 user...who laminates as well....they too all of a sudden. I think Rochester changed the toner recipe. I recently had a V180 installed....i could swear the Japanese toner that comes with it is far better.

Your mylar tabs are being stuck to non toner area or toner coverage area? If it sticks nowhere, it's the oil. If your RAM assembly is full of something that doesn't look like clean oil, I would have a tech do a purge/clean, and check the metering blade/doner roll for wear. It is an HFSI item.

We have an iGen 5 that we run Fuser Fluid 2 in, but we keep a fuser ram assembly, and extra oil bottle with Fluid 1 ready to go. We just swap the ram & bottle when we need to run a laminating job. Our tech got us the extra assembly, and a few cases of Fluid 1.

There's about 15-20 minutes of downtime swapping the parts, and letting the fuser warm back up, but we don't laminate that many of our jobs so this works great for us.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back