Konica monilta 6136(black and white) need help with gray

Gal

Hey guys,
I need help,
I am trying to print for a customer 50%-60% black and when i print it, it comes out like dots and not full color line, like pixels.
He gave me example of another print house that did to him and it looks amazing the gray color they did to him.
How can i do it? i try to use different screen and it wont help.
Any other ideas? the machine is only black so i cant really add more colors so it will be stronger.
Thank you
Gal.

You answered your own question. It's a black and white machine so a dot or linear screen is the only option. Your customer wants a color build from a color machine (at color prices).

but there is gotta be a way to at least see it better i dont know its weird,
all the black and white printers like that?

Yes. ALL printers are like that. Color machines blend the dots (or lines) of each color at different angles so it is difficult to see. Are you printing with a Fiery RIP? If so, see if you have a screen setting of FM or stochastic. That is a tiny random dot pattern and can look much smoother.

Last edited:
I have no creo or fiery for this machine becouse this is black and white and not really needed. i use the konica software for these kind of things.
yes i did DOT2 in the TEXT line and it came out really better
Thank you.

Next time get a Fiery. Even though it is B/W, you still want the best output possible. Especially photos, gradients, tints, etc. A Fiery will let you do calibration with a densitometer so your values are accurate. There may be some calibration built in to the machine, but I always get the best results with an external RIP. Plus you have more control over your output, like screens.

Hey guys,
I need help,
I am trying to print for a customer 50%-60% black and when i print it, it comes out like dots and not full color line, like pixels.
He gave me example of another print house that did to him and it looks amazing the gray color they did to him.
How can i do it? i try to use different screen and it wont help.
Any other ideas? the machine is only black so i cant really add more colors so it will be stronger.
Thank you
Gal.

Let's see a picture of the output.

Next time get a Fiery. Even though it is B/W, you still want the best output possible. Especially photos, gradients, tints, etc. A Fiery will let you do calibration with a densitometer so your values are accurate. There may be some calibration built in to the machine, but I always get the best results with an external RIP. Plus you have more control over your output, like screens.

The built in KM controller lets you do calibration with a densitometer as well. You just need to install the free "Color Centro" software that came with the machine. You can create custom profiles, and even use curves similar to photoshop to create the desired output.

Gal, this may sound dumb on my part but are you using the drivers that came with that model machine? I've got Bizhub Pro 1100's & one of the options in the driver is screenless printing. Additionally I have 2 of the printers set up using the drivers of my old Bizhub Pro 950 because that driver has a feature that the 1100's native drivers don't have. When I have to use the 950 drivers I give up resolution & screening options.
I'm looking at the manual for your machine and stochastic screening is an option so in a "perfect world" you should be able to image without a dot pattern
kmbsmanuals.konicaminolta.us/AccurioPress6136/contents/PRT_103892152.html

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back