RICOH Pro 9200 VS KM accuriopress C6100

slimbh

Hi,
We are Konica KM customer for year with two color press C1085 still running. The only issue with them is fuser unit that breaks down quite often with high repair cost.
Ricoh make us interesting offer for Po C9200 color press which seem more robust than KM. We run 90% of our job in high weight paper 350g.
Also, Ricoh offer C7200SL press as backup machinate for good price.

If any one can provide us with more information about C9200 machine, what are the user feedback?

Thanks,

All I can say is that we have had a KM1060 since 2014... It now has almost 6 million clicks...that still prints like the first day we got it. Wonderful.. machine that almost has no problems... We run everything from 20# bond to 16 point card stock with no problems. I suggest that you stick with something you already know. Other manufacturers will say almost anything to get you to switch. It might prove to be a good decision or it might prove to be a bad one... It's a coin toss... My fuser needs maintenance and or belt replacement only about once a year or longer. Always change the bearings everytime you replace the belt...

We got a Ricoh c9210 a couple of months ago and have put around 700k on it. It's a great machine. Loves heavy paper. We run 18pt and it runs as smooth as 60#. 7200 is a good machine also. We have the previous generation 7110.

We just purchased a 9200 to replace our 7100 which we decided to try and sell.
The install should be in around 2 weeks.
IL keep you posted.

No trying to discourage you or anything but I heard from several techs that the registration was a little off due to it needing an independent controller inside the machine (small Linux box or something like that). Not sure if the issue got fixed but on the other hand , which digital machine does not have registration issues? To me it always comes down to how good/ knowledgable of a service tech(s) you will get, and making sure you get the RCOP training and have all the RCOP parts around to swap yourself.

The little independent controller inside the Ricoh C9200 is known as the ACD (Auto Color Diagnosis). Basically it's an RGB scanning mechanism that can read the entire printed surface and is used mainly for color diagnosis and auto-color calibration. It's also used to transfer the data from the CIS (Contact Image Sensor) mechanism which reads image position accurately and adjusts registration. Any registration issues are resolvable because the majority of 92xx's that I support or doing just fine with front-to-back registration.

We just got the 9200 last year and it exceeds my expectation as I was really disappointed with our previous 7100x. Have also been xerox users for almost 2 decades. KM price is attractive and smaller in foot print, but we chose c9200 due to a test of 10k prints non stop and it didnt even jam once on a 260gsm card stock. Color is more consistent and easily for us to match into our offset production after sampling it digitally. Loving it.

Hi,
We are Konica KM customer for year with two color press C1085 still running. The only issue with them is fuser unit that breaks down quite often with high repair cost.
Ricoh make us interesting offer for Po C9200 color press which seem more robust than KM. We run 90% of our job in high weight paper 350g.
Also, Ricoh offer C7200SL press as backup machinate for good price.

If any one can provide us with more information about C9200 machine, what are the user feedback?

Thanks,

What did you do? I am curious as I have a C6100 and want to know if fuser is going to be a problem for me. Most of my minoltas have been pretty good.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back