Ricoh 7200 Wrinkles...

Only our 7210X has a bookletmaker on it, so we have to run books on that machine, but I had a flyer that I needed to run on 70#GT today and it will simplex just fine, but when I tried to feed the sheets back through a second pass and print the back they wrinkled like crazy. I took the same job over to our 7200 and it duplexed it without issue.

Had the same problem with dull on a KM 1060c. I solved it by lowering the temperature by choosing the next setting down, ie from 106 gsm to say 90 gsm. The wrinkles stopped immediately.

I forgot to post what was causing our wrinkling. It was the cooling belt right after the fuser. They worked on our machine and had two techs try to solve it before blaming the stock, even though it was running fine on the other 7210 right next to it. We then tried 3 different brands of 70# gloss text and all wrinkled. They left and came back a few days later and at this point it had started wrinkling 100# gloss text, but just slightly. They talked to another tech who had been on a job with a similar problem and had found it was the cooling belt, so they replaced ours and problem solved. They said it appears they changed how it is designed compared to the 7100 series and while it is easier to change, it wears out quicker. The belt appeared fine, but was slipping and therefore turning too slow or unevenly.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back