Collapse
Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mixed media/tab speed - xerox primelink

So I'm on the hunt for machines which can print onto tab sheets in between runs of documents and as many of you here have noted, the delay in switching media types can be a real killer for printing speed.

I saw this youtube video for the new Xerox Primelink which seems to have very minimal delay switching between plain paper and tabs. from what i've seen it switches faster than a KM 3070 or Ricoh C5200s, which I would have considered to be higher-end machines.

Curious if it maintains that performance when printing the plain pages in duplex.

I'm not sure if it's enough machine for our needs (perhaps two might do it), but thought i'd share the video anyway. Can any users confirm if the Versant 180 has similar mixed media performance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3x0vM_hIzQ

Last edited by bcr; 11-08-2019, 03:38 AM.

Light Production presses such as the Xerox V3100 and Canon C8000/10000 advertise fast media switching between light and heavy media. I don't see an indication that the Primelink printers advertise that functionality. For low coverage printing on tab media you might be able lie about the tab media weight to get the printer switch media without slowing down to change the fuser temperature. Besides media flexibility, a big difference to consider between a high end office copier like a Primlink and a light production press is your expected monthly volume. Bigger badder presses should have a significantly lower impression cost and if you are doing enough impressions (50k to 200k impressions), leasing a light production press may actually save money. You'll have to get quotes and do your own arithmetic.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyWinter View Post
      Light Production presses such as the Xerox V3100 and Canon C8000/10000 advertise fast media switching between light and heavy media. I don't see an indication that the Primelink printers advertise that functionality. For low coverage printing on tab media you might be able lie about the tab media weight to get the printer switch media without slowing down to change the fuser temperature. Besides media flexibility, a big difference to consider between a high end office copier like a Primlink and a light production press is your expected monthly volume. Bigger badder presses should have a significantly lower impression cost and if you are doing enough impressions (50k to 200k impressions), leasing a light production press may actually save money. You'll have to get quotes and do your own arithmetic.
      thanks for this. i've asked the respective manufacturers to send me some videos of the machines under consideration printing out mixed media with tabs, so that we can see the switchover time for ourselves. we can then rule in/out certain machines and then have more focused demonstrations when visiting showrooms in due course.

Comment

CanonKBAAvantiSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploXerox4Over

Canon Embellishment White Paper

Collapse

Print Embellishment Goes
      Straight To The Bottom Line

InfoTrends reported that interviews with more than 100 print customers demonstrated an appetite and willingness to pay premiums of 24% to 89% for special effects, over CMYK-only printing. They also indicated embellishment could apply to a significant portion of their work. Embellishment options can include hot foil stamping, spot gloss UV, embossing, debossing, letterpress, diecut shapes, lamination, duplex, triplex, gold foil, silver foil, copper foil, white foil, black foil, clear foil, etching, and laser cutting techniques. Download The Free White Paper.

CanonXerox

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6998 users online. 112 members and 6886 guests.

Most users ever online was 14,674 at 05:29 AM on 10-30-2019.

Working...
      X