What's out there?

nhprinter

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been asked recently, but I've been off the forum for quite some time. I'm currently working for a business card printer and we're looking to replace our Indigo 3600. (Don't ask why) We need a 12 x 18 format and we'd really like an inkjet. We've looked at the IGEN 5 and I'm not that impressed. The KM-1 is too large and well out of our price point. Even though we print mostly business cards we need very high quality and except for the price and size the KM-1 was perfect if that give you an idea what we're looking for.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dave

Would the Ricoh 9200 meet your needs? You could probably get two of those for the price of an iGen 5 and not need 3-phase power and a demand power contract with your power company.

How many impressions per month do you expect?

I don't have the figures, but since we print business cards our runs are very short so I would say we're around 100,000 - 150,000 per month

Would the Ricoh 9200 meet your needs? You could probably get two of those for the price of an iGen 5 and not need 3-phase power and a demand power contract with your power company.

I was hoping to stay away from toner, but I just looked at some videos and I'll put it on the list. Thanks

9200 is a GREAT machine. Had ours for about 5 months. So far so good...

It does NEED 3-phase 240V Power

It REQUIRES TWO 50AMP lines to run it

Make sure you have 100 AMPS "free" in your PANEL or things are going to get REAL expensive REAL quick with an electrician.....

The production inkjet and iGen presses that I'm familiar with are built for millions of impressions per month. I think you'd be fine with a something like a Versant 3100/180, Canon C8000VP, or Ricoh 7200. See if you can get a click charge around .03 per color click and .005 for oversize impressions.

Epson has a lightweight inkjet machine, but I think it would too light for what you're doing. Riso has light production inkjet line that I'm not familiar with, but the newness feels sketchy with regards to technician support and business continuity.

9200 is a GREAT machine. Had ours for about 5 months. So far so good...

It does NEED 3-phase 240V Power

It REQUIRES TWO 50AMP lines to run it

Make sure you have 100 AMPS "free" in your PANEL or things are going to get REAL expensive REAL quick with an electrician.....

The 9200 takes 2x Nema 6-30 single phase plugs so it two single phase 208-240V at 30 amps each.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back